• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Equipment Idiosyncrasies

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
United States United States
What are your idiosyncrasies when it come to your golf equipment. I think most of us have them. I suffer from a mild case of OCD and it shows when one looks in my bag. For instance, all my fairway woods have to be the same brand and model. My headcovers have to be generic with only numbers and no logos for golf clubs or brands. All the balls in my bag have to be the same brand and model. All my grips have to be the same except for my putter. Finally, each club has to be in the proper section of my bag. I know. It's weird, but sometimes this is a weird game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
1. Clubs MUST be clean!
2. Clubs have their spot in the bag and must always be returned to that same slot.
3. The shaft and setting on any adjustable club needs changed more often than my own underwear. Have about worn the threads off the shaft adapter screws on my driver and fairways.
4. Each of the three sets of irons has their own wedges. The wedges that "belong" to each set MUST accompany those irons to the course.

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
Hah! So far I haven't changed the setting on my Ping G400 driver because it moves the Golfpride logo on the grip off center. When I had a Callaway driver the grip didn't rotate so I changed it quite frequently too.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I won't own a putter that can't scoop a ball off the green.

More than 10 clubs in a bag is just stupid. 8 is about right.

Iron covers are anal.

Tour bags with your name on them should be banned unless you're a plus handicap.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Iron covers are anal.

Tour bags with your name on them should be banned unless you're a plus handicap.
I agree with these 2, but will add: if I had a nice "man cave", I'd buy a white/black Ping tour bag to match the Ping den caddy I have. I'd keep balls in the caddy, and a spare set of clubs in the bag. The bag would not see the course.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I agree with these 2, but will add: if I had a nice "man cave", I'd buy a white/black Ping tour bag to match the Ping den caddy I have. I'd keep balls in the caddy, and a spare set of clubs in the bag. The bag would not see the course.
Absolutely. Tour Staff bags make excellent decor, storage, etc. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

You mean, sorta like my Ping USA bag? Hasn't ever seen the course. Just holds extra clubs most of the time.
2011-01-12 005.JPG
2011-01-12 005.JPG
Clubs 006.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Probably H moved from that spot since 2010 either [emoji23]
Hasn't move from the basement since then. Moved from the photo location in the family room to my shop area. Paid $35 for the bag. A guy out at the course used to buy clubs and accessories on ebay, then he would run short on cash. Offered me this bag for $25. I had $35 in my pocket and gave it to him.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

I have a Callaway Diablo tour bag I bought for $10 at an estate sale, it does just that, sits in the corner holding my spare set and extra putters/wedges... I just liked the devil horns on the logo

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I have a Callaway Diablo tour bag I bought for $10 at an estate sale, it does just that, sits in the corner holding my spare set and extra putters/wedges... I just liked the devil horns on the logo

I also have a Callaway den caddy, my sister got for me Christmas one year. It’s done a few things in the man cave, but is currently holding logo balls.

As for idiosyncrasies with my gamers; I like to keep them clean, washing my set a few times per season, depending on play. I clean my grips as well, find it extends their life a little. I like my grips to match; midsized on D-PW and jumbo grips on wedges. The way my bag is set up, everything has a spot. Driver and putter have their own separate spots (keeps them focused on their own job.) fairway woods have spots beside the big dog. Long irons (4-6) have a spot, mids (7-PW) are in another and wedges have a spot to hang out of their own.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts