• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf flexibility: some of this stuff is hard!

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I've just started doing this series of stretches that I found on The Golf Channel website because I want to gain flexibility to support my improvement goals:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=15100&dv=2075452&select=13481

A couple of them I found quite difficult, particularly:

4. Hamstring
10. Cross hip (that is possibly the hardest stretch I've ever tried to do)
and
11. Low Trunk - I think this one was only hard because of my hamstrings, so my gf is gonna show me a better way to stretch it (she's a dance teacher so stretching is fundamental to her work)

Most of these stretches require the use of her "stretch trainer", although I just use a "yoga band"...basically a two inch wide piece of canvas that's about 4 feet long and it works just fine.

Since I've just started doing them, I haven't exactly seen huge improvement, but I can tell already that doing these are going to be very useful...even if just for overall well-being.

That whole "health and fitness" section on the Golf Channel website actually has a lot of really good stuff on it. The yoga section with Katherine Roberts has some similar flexibility stuff in it, and there's quite a bit on strength training for golf as well, which I haven't gotten into exploring much yet.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted on the results and some of you may want to try it as well.

S

spankdoggie

Silver, how old are you? I got a great book from a former Russian Spetznaz(spelling?) trainer on stretching... Pretty radical stuff that you might not be interested in. If you would like, I can post a few links on how he got guys in the Russian Special Forces to do the splits, through pain within two months... It is a fantastic education on the phizzyohology (sorry master) of the human body... It is not for soft guys...

Sorry I got you mixed up with Classic, the cool black dude that will play Besson in a few months...

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I'm 26. I doubt I need "radical" stretching when I can't even do this stuff comfortably. Especially because I'm a "soft" guy.

🔥 Latest posts