• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

golf galaxy customer service?

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
United States United States
Took my first trip to Golf Galaxy this week. I was all excited since there is not anything like that around where I live, and I was visiting my parents who live 10 minutes from one. I was looking for a push pull cart as the wheels have been worn from my 2 wheeler and I needed a replacement.

What I expereienced during my first visit made me sure it was to be my last. There were like 5 to 7 employees in the store, no customers, and none would come over to help me with any selection or even tried to sell anything. It was a dismal selection to begin with, but I was looking at a sun mountain. Noticing that there were no tags on anything, I bothered an employee for the price. She said that she would have to get a scanner to give me a price, and that they were around 200.00. She left and came back about 5 minutes later and scanned them and said .... see I told you, about 200.00. It then questioned here about the difference between the 2 models, and she informed me they were the identical same cart. I told her I didnt think so as one was a sport modle, and the other was not. She then informed me that they were the same and walked off saying .... here is a top flite cart if theese are too expensive. That was it! I was still sitting there looking foolish wondering if I was insane or if they were actually the same carts with obviously different features, and different prices.

Long story short, I took my money to Amazon.com, bought a Clicgear 3.5 plus, for around 200.00 and swore off Golf Galaxy for life. I was so pissed, I didnt even want to look at a sun mountain.

Has anyone else experienced such treatment at these stores?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Took my first trip to Golf Galaxy this week. I was all excited since there is not anything like that around where I live, and I was visiting my parents who live 10 minutes from one. I was looking for a push pull cart as the wheels have been worn from my 2 wheeler and I needed a replacement.

What I expereienced during my first visit made me sure it was to be my last. There were like 5 to 7 employees in the store, no customers, and none would come over to help me with any selection or even tried to sell anything. It was a dismal selection to begin with, but I was looking at a sun mountain. Noticing that there were no tags on anything, I bothered an employee for the price. She said that she would have to get a scanner to give me a price, and that they were around 200.00. She left and came back about 5 minutes later and scanned them and said .... see I told you, about 200.00. It then questioned here about the difference between the 2 models, and she informed me they were the identical same cart. I told her I didnt think so as one was a sport modle, and the other was not. She then informed me that they were the same and walked off saying .... here is a top flite cart if theese are too expensive. That was it! I was still sitting there looking foolish wondering if I was insane or if they were actually the same carts with obviously different features, and different prices.

Long story short, I took my money to Amazon.com, bought a Clicgear 3.5 plus, for around 200.00 and swore off Golf Galaxy for life. I was so pissed, I didnt even want to look at a sun mountain.

Has anyone else experienced such treatment at these stores?
I've always had good luck at my local Golf Galaxy. It's too bad the one you went to was terrible because they usually have pretty good deals.

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
Had a horrible experience there before too. I was waiting to be helped for about 10 min. The second a blonde attractive lady walked in they were like vultures on her. Wrote the regional manager a nice long email and got a $100 gift card. Upper management seems ok but not store associates.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
We don't have any remotely close to me. Best we have is a Dicks, I don't often need help there though.

OP
VA Park Ranger

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
Ive had much better luck at Dicks as far as friendly employees. The golf manager at dicks in Lynchburg VA is a real nice guy and will help you out. Theese people were a bunch of Arseholes. On a positive note the new Clicgear cart looks to be awesome. Can't wait to roll it tomorrow when I'm off.

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
Ive had much better luck at Dicks as far as friendly employees. The golf manager at dicks in Lynchburg VA is a real nice guy and will help you out. Theese people were a bunch of Arseholes. On a positive note the new Clicgear cart looks to be awesome. Can't wait to roll it tomorrow when I'm off.

I have had the ClicGear 3.5 for about 3 months now. GREAT push cart! You will like it. I bought the seat, it's good for those days the course is slow. I also bought the GPS mount and wheel cover, both are useful accessories.

Don't waste your money on the steering knob though, it's pretty much useless.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I always thought it would be tough to be a salesman at a retail store. Firstly, they're not trained professionals, nor are they paid as such, so I don't really expect much out of them. Secondly they have to deal with the public on a daily basis, so they're probably sick of the 'average' human that walks in.

Half the people out there don't want to be bothered by a salesman. They want to browse in peace and seek out a salesman if and when they happen to need one.

The other half of people want to have the salesman approach them and ask them if they need help regardless, they don't like asking for help and don't feel they should have to.

So either way...They're going to be pissing off half the population.

Personally, I don't buy golf related products because of a salesman. I rarely 'browse' in store, I do all my research at home on the internet. If I'm at a golf store to buy something, I already know what I want and don't need to be sold on it nor do I need to be persuaded to buy something else. I don't mind if I'm approached or not, I won't be getting help either way.

Due to my limited encounters with golf salesman I don't have any qualified input for this thread. As usual.

OP
VA Park Ranger

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
I always thought it would be tough to be a salesman at a retail store. Firstly, they're not trained professionals, nor are they paid as such, so I don't really expect much out of them. Secondly they have to deal with the public on a daily basis, so they're probably sick of the 'average' human that walks in.

Half the people out there don't want to be bothered by a salesman. They want to browse in peace and seek out a salesman if and when they happen to need one.

The other half of people want to have the salesman approach them and ask them if they need help regardless, they don't like asking for help and don't feel they should have to.

So either way...They're going to be pissing off half the population.

Personally, I don't buy golf related products because of a salesman. I rarely 'browse' in store, I do all my research at home on the internet. If I'm at a golf store to buy something, I already know what I want and don't need to be sold on it nor do I need to be persuaded to buy something else. I don't mind if I'm approached or not, I won't be getting help either way.

Due to my limited encounters with golf salesman I don't have any qualified input for this thread. As usual.

I get all that, I'm in the public service business as well, good and bad, If you have a job, and wish to keep it, it is highly recommended that you do your best to reach the company goal in this case sales and revenue. I've been in tons of store where the person will come up and say, "can I help you find anything today" I'll usually say "no, I'm just browsing" or something like, "tell me more about..." Even Wal Fart displays this behavior.

I guess I was disappointed in the fact that they all seemed like A$$es, and didn't want to actually offer help when I did seek out a sales person for help. The guy in Dicks, even if you are wandering around and you tell him you are just looking, he will say "great, take your time, if you need anything....etc" Id expect a sales person in a specialty store to be at least familiar with the products they offer. If someone comes up here and asks me what a cabin costs and what is in them... I better give them an answer, or I'm going to get kicked in the nuts!

🔥 Latest posts