• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Galaxy today

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Went to Golf Galaxy today to get some work done on a couple clubs and just try new stuff. :) First I just need to say that I love this store! :laugh: It is a smaller one, but all the guys in there treat you like it is a mom and pop. When I went in the pro came right over to see how I was doing, how's the game, etc. A couple other employees came up while I was there to say hi, one shook my hand, just real nice guys. Totally opposite to the other big golf stores I've been to. Any other WI guys been to the Golf Galaxy in Appleton?

I needed my new Stulz put into my Hibore; I will review that if I can get to the heated range next week. Next I had the rac wedge I bought from extremeVFT bent to 54* from 56*, and shortened an inch and a half. VFT must be really tall...:laugh:

Saw that tp reds were $24.98 a dozen - got 3 boxes.

Finally I grabbed a couple drivers to hit in the simulator. I tried the G10 with a Prolaunch Red. This is a fantastic head in my opinion - square face, high launch, it is perfect. The shaft - no comment. I just hated the feeling for some reason. Felt... dead. Maybe I just had a dud, but I will try other shafts in the G10 on Tuesday.

I also hit an MP600 with a Fuji e 360. Great driver, great shaft. It's one of the most solid feeling drivers I have hit. Long and smooth feeling with that Fuji.

L4V - Ick. No comment. :laugh:

Sorry for the long read, I just felt like sharing my good experiences today.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Haven't been to the one in Appleton yet, mainly the Madison store & at times I will hit the Milwaukee one also. More & more though I have been finding myself going to Nevada Bobs instead, seems like they have a lot more clubs...new & used..to select from.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Never been to Nevada Bob's. Maybe I'll take a look next time I'm in Madison.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Sounds like you dodged a bulllet and found a place that actually puts their customers experience above sales!

I can voiuch that the GG in Madison and ESPECIALLY Milwaukee is poorly trained, educated and need attitude adjustments.

The Stultz is a good shaft....sounds like ya got treated well!

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
Sounds like you dodged a bulllet and found a place that actually puts their customers experience above sales!

I can voiuch that the GG in Madison and ESPECIALLY Milwaukee is poorly trained, educated and need attitude adjustments.

The Stultz is a good shaft....sounds like ya got treated well!

My experience with GG is exactly the same. I try to avoid that store like the plague. The only store I frequent is my local Golf USA to shoot the bull with the fellas and pick up some small stuff.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Amazed to hear there's a Golf Galaxy with knowledgeable sales people. The one in Milwaukee (Bluemound Rd) is a joke. I've been to the Appleton one but just to buy some balls. Didn't have any experience with the club guys. And the Dick's in Racine is a joke. Best place I've found is B & G Sports in Milwaukee (Bluemound Rd right accross from GG)... :) I think Edwin Watts is excellent and probably Golfsmith. Then we have our own Global Golf for super deals on clubs. :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Amazed to hear there's a Golf Galaxy with knowledgeable sales people. The one in Milwaukee (Bluemound Rd) is a joke. I've been to the Appleton one but just to buy some balls. Didn't have any experience with the club guys. And the Dick's in Racine is a joke. Best place I've found is B & G Sports in Milwaukee (Bluemound Rd right accross from GG)... :) I think Edwin Watts is excellent and probably Golfsmith. Then we have our own Global Golf for super deals on clubs. :D

They have a GG on Bluemound? Haven't been to that one but I have been to the one on Layton right across from Hooters. Pretty big building with what seemed like nobody working in it.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I was recently in a PGA Tour Superstore and had the same good experiance as the OP. The Nickent reps were there and I had a chance to hit their new irons (they said will be avail in Feb.). The guys in their are real friendly and seem to know what they are talking about and know their product.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Actually there were a lot of new employees there today. I only talk to the pro, the club guy and two or three other guys that work there. And I didn't say everybody was knowledgeable, only the guys I talk to are. ;) While my friend was in the sim I was talking to somebody I hadn't seen there before, and he couldn't tell me anything about the Aldila DVS. Never heard of it... :laugh: Just gotta avoid that guy in the future. Another dimwit: right after I walked in the store, I gave my driver and wedge to the pro to take to the club making thing in the back. Another employee asked me in my way back if I needed help, so I said, No, Mike's got me already. He was bewildered. :laugh: You need to know who to talk to at GG is all.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
They have a GG on Bluemound? Haven't been to that one but I have been to the one on Layton right across from Hooters. Pretty big building with what seemed like nobody working in it.

Wis_Golfer

You can't even see it driving on Bluemound. It's behind some building and only has one little sign by the road. :) Actually it's in Brookfield off of 94 and is bigger then the one on Layton. Go to B & G accross the road and even though it's not big you'll be impressed at the salespeople's knowledge. I don't know if they repair clubs there though.

Golf Galaxy in Brookfield

Map of 19030 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield, WI by MapQuest

B & G has two locations in Brookfield. This is the one I was at.

Map of 19035 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield, WI by MapQuest

I've been to the Golf Galaxy on Layton. That's where I bought my "Heavy Putter". Bunch of a**holes, not friendly at all..... :(

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Found the Golf Galaxy in Madison to have knowledgeable staff. Between them and Nevada Bobs good deals can be had plus they are within 1/2mile of each other.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good deal on the TPReds. I had one I found and used it for a round. That sucker checked up like nothing I've seen. I hit a little 15yd. pitch and it checked like I'd hit it out of a bunker.

No love for the L4V? It's on my "want to hit" list since the stock shaft is a basically a Redboard with a slightly higher bendpoint. If this crap weather gives for a little bit I'd like to take the L4V-X out to the range. Looks like it's available only in a 9*, which is what I'd want anyway.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
if you like those TP red i have been getting them used for 5.95 a dozen and there in reallyu good shape.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
The L4V Just gave me a bunch of hooks. And the shaft didn't feel like a redboard at all, it felt a little harsh even. I've never gotten along well with Cobra drivers though.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The L4V Just gave me a bunch of hooks. And the shaft didn't feel like a redboard at all, it felt a little harsh even. I've never gotten along well with Cobra drivers though.

Yeah, I took out an X-speed last year and didn't like it either. Thanks for the input as it's what I was just reading over on WRX as well. Now that my swing has improved and a slight draw is my "straight" shot all I want is that and the ability to open up a tad and hammer a fade, the BurnerTP has been providing those options pretty well so I guess I shouldn't stray.

🔥 Latest posts