• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf game for PC

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
Anybody like computer golf games? I used to play Links quite a bit. But now I've gotten into EA Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07. I don't have a Play Station or Xbox - those dedicated games machines might be far better - maybe. But I do like this PC game quite a lot. Graphics and sound effects are very realistic. The texture of the turf, and especially the swing action is very accurate. The way the ball flies and bounces and rolls - all exceptional. In this game, you develop a character that learns and gets better as you play. At first I took a pro character (TW, of course) but later I found that it's more fun playing an amateur and developing him. This character's skills are more in line with my own. You can even make it look like you.
Might sound a bit looney, but I've even improved my management skills playing this.
Anyone else into this - or another one? I also tried Pro Stroke Golf by Oxygen. Feh. THe EA (Electronic Arts) game KILLS it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I have Tiger Woods 2006 and sssmokin has Tiger Woods 2007. :D

We have made "picture perfect" clones of ourselves and when we get together have a ball playing "each other" in the game...

Here's me... Then sssmokin Then Razor :D
Jerry-2007-aug-21-001.jpg
Jerry-2007-aug-21-002.jpg
Jerry-2007-aug-21-003.jpg
Jerry-2007-aug-21-004.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
the rest of the snaps... :D (You'll notice my money is way down from theirs since I've been ho'in clubs so much in there)... :D
Jerry-2007-aug-21-005.jpg
Jerry-2007-aug-21-006.jpg

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Great fun - isn't it Warbird?
I see you ae using the 2-Click control.
I started with the 3-Click because it was like Links, which I was used to. But later I switched to True Swing. Have you tried that mode? Seems the closest to the "real thing" to me - as it requires the most feel.
I really just started - my character only has about $11K - and only from playing skills. I did have my best round ever this evening - shot 4 under at Witches SomethingOrOther. WOn the tournament - against other amateurs. ANy tips you can give me about developing my character? I've put most of my experience points into shot mastery, so I can take the lessons and get the extra controlls for different shots.
awww.marcfriedlander.com_images_PHOTOS_Libre.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've only played a couple of tourneys since I don't have alot of time to stay on it. I prefer to just play a round for fun. I tried the true swing and three click but I'm just too old and spastic to master it. I hit everything straight anyway so it's pretty much my shot shape (couldn't draw it if I wanted to but can fade or slice). It's just a time filler for me and don't get too involved. Most fun I have with it is creating my real life playing partners.... :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hmmm. Hopefully it'll be that detailed in '08 for PSP. If not, well, I guess I'll have two versions.

Alphanumega

Sep 15, 2006
I have '07 for the wii, and if i wasnt going to college on weds would have bough '08 next week, but in terms of reality to true swing its the best.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
I have 07 for PSP and PC ill post some screenshots of both a little later.

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Personally I still like Links better, but use TW '07 with a golf launchpad during the winter, as the launchpad does not work as well with Links.
Golf simulators - Golf Launchpad by electric~spin for PC, Mac and PS2. Home golf simulators

I also have TW for the xbox and PSP, but rarely play any of them except in the winter months.

Thanks!
Took one look at the simulator and placed my order immediately!
Now will have to explain to wife, but she's a doll and will be happy.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Thanks!
Took one look at the simulator and placed my order immediately!
Now will have to explain to wife, but she's a doll and will be happy.
It's very enjoyable in the winter. Not like the real thing, but for the cost it is well worth the money when there is about 10" of snow on the ground. We used to go to Sam Sneads and use the simulator at about $50 an hour. For $200 and the savings in beer it is well worth the money. At least to me it seems about as accurate as the simulators, which I have never found extremely accurate but still worth the money. Certainly much more enjoyable than using a mouse.

I guess you could say I would not consider it a training aid, but certainly alot of fun and I feel it paid for itself in just a couple weeks and allows you to at least maintain your swing somewhat when it is cold. Then again, I had little explaining to do as my wife plays as well. She gave me the look, but after taking a few swings she was hooked. Her next comment was that we needed a bigger screen than our 27" TV to hook it up to as I used the S-video on my laptop.

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
I play TW07. It's 2010 and my first year on the PGA Tour. I'm #1 on the money list after beating TW on my way to the WGC Match Play championship (he was really bad for some reason ...) and winning the $6M prize for that one. I'm slowly making my way up in the Cup and Points rankings.

Hopefully the competition stiffens up, I shouldn't be dominating my first year on the Tour. Though I need one more top 10 to be invited to a major, should be fun. Already missed out on the Masters.

I actually kinda miss the old golf games. I started playing PC golf way back with MS Golf. Loved Links 2001, never played 2003. I like the course designer in 2001 as well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.