• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf game for PC

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
I see there is a way to play on-line.
If anyone wants a match - let me know and maybe we can figure out how to hook up.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007

You know, the character I made somewhat loosely resembles mine. I use True Swing, and for some reason I hit a lot of pulls and draws, which does in fact resemble my game. I can't avoid the left rough to save my life, and neither can my Tiger Woods character.

Oh, and as to stat points, you only need 30 or 40 in shot mastery to get the basics such as the flop shot, the punch, and so on. Put everything else in power. Man up and hit the long ball. :laugh:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
libre, for my first time through TW2006, I used experience points to max out power and the other attributes. It made the game way too easy.

This time through, in addition to making my character look like me, I have restricted my power attribute to where my max drive is about 260 yards which is about my real life "good" drive, and I'm trying to keep the other attributes under 60%. So far so good, as I am breezing thru Q school.

When you set up custom matches, you can modify the other golfers attributes and make them play better for more competitive matches.

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
This time through, in addition to making my character look like me, I have restricted my power attribute to where my max drive is about 260 yards which is about my real life "good" drive, and I'm trying to keep the other attributes under 60%. So far so good, as I am breezing thru Q school.

You've just inspired me to change up my gameplay once I get home. I do this in Madden / other football games, I make my own guy to get in the league, and restrict his attributes to what I was when I was in shape (I'm only 27, damn office work :p ). Like I have great hands and am quick, but not very fast, wasn't always the strongest, etc.

I'm going to change it up so my guy now will have to start over, but my max drive will end up around 260 - 280 (almost drove a green once on a 320 yarder, I'll use that as my best / almost unattainable again), my long shot accuracy low with my short game pretty good. Though, my putting would probably be around 30% :D

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Personally I still like Links better, but use TW '07 with a golf launchpad during the winter, as the launchpad does not work as well with Links.
Golf simulators - Golf Launchpad by electric~spin for PC, Mac and PS2. Home golf simulators

I also have TW for the xbox and PSP, but rarely play any of them except in the winter months.
Question:
Does the simulator work with a putting stroke too?
Or, do you have to go to the mouse to hole out?

And, yeah.
Game is much more fun when the character is like your real game.
At first it was nice playing as TW and crushing 300 yd drives, but that got boring fast.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I still play and prefer the actual gameplay of Links 2003. It's a dinosaur in computer time, but the ball physics (with the 1.06 Mod version that I play), and the more than 1000 courses available for free download make it a no brainer for me. I have 16.6 gb of courses on my hard drive at the moment... been collecting them for 5 years now.

This is a screenshot of Augusta National... the approach on #11.
ANGC11th (Medium).jpg

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Question:
Does the simulator work with a putting stroke too?
Or, do you have to go to the mouse to hole out?

And, yeah.
Game is much more fun when the character is like your real game.
At first it was nice playing as TW and crushing 300 yd drives, but that got boring fast.
Yes, it works with the putter as well. You just cover the bottom sensor in the beginning to let it know you are putting and chipping, as opposed to the outside sensor for full shots. Even recognizes the difference on left and right handed players, as my wife is left handed. Although for really short puts I will sometimes use the mouse just for ease of use. I will say, on the higher levels of difficulty, the putting can sometimes be sporadic from one green to the next with speed.

As far as making a character that resemble your own, I simply download an unlimited money patch and then designed the character to my exact distances and ability after buying the clubs that I own, then simply never upgrade the character. This was the main reason I liked the Links game better. You could define the distances.

skywalker7

Aug 18, 2007
Anybody like computer golf games? I used to play Links quite a bit. But now I've gotten into EA Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07. I don't have a Play Station or Xbox - those dedicated games machines might be far better - maybe. But I do like this PC game quite a lot. Graphics and sound effects are very realistic. The texture of the turf, and especially the swing action is very accurate. The way the ball flies and bounces and rolls - all exceptional. In this game, you develop a character that learns and gets better as you play. At first I took a pro character (TW, of course) but later I found that it's more fun playing an amateur and developing him. This character's skills are more in line with my own. You can even make it look like you.
Might sound a bit looney, but I've even improved my management skills playing this.
Anyone else into this - or another one? I also tried Pro Stroke Golf by Oxygen. Feh. THe EA (Electronic Arts) game KILLS it.

I've been a member of RealArcade, and I have "Pin High Country Club Golf". I enjoy choosing my own club and not rely on the Auto Caddy. Usually, I play a threesome: Tiger, Phil, and Sergio. Guess who usually wins? After setting up my daughter's Game Cube, I treated myself to Tiger Woods PGA 2005, which I got for a song. I am looking forward to try Tiger's PGA 2007, when I can find one for a song.

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
I have 07 and for some stupid reason it wont work at all... Every time I try to load a course, it says it cant be executed or something like that.. Its ticking me off...

🔥 Latest posts