• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

golf gifts?

vpgolfer

Feb 18, 2008
Hey all,

I'm new to the group, and really joined to get the opinion of some serious golfers like yourselves. I have a ton of golfer friends/relatives to get gifts and cards for throughout the year, and was wondering if you guys like to receive golf-themed stuff. Also, does anyone know of any good websites to find this type of thing?

Thanks a bunch

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
To be honest no I dont, I've got the same golf gadgets about 7 times over, unless teh gifts are from my Uncle because then they are likly to golf clubs that have been fitted specifically for me.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Your error here is the same one my brother made this christmas. Golf-themed items don't actually have anything to do with golf. A lamp that has a golf pattern on it is still just a lamp. Real golfers like the game. Get them a gift card, find out what balls they like to play, something like that.

Golf-themed stuff is like getting a kid who LOVES football a blanket with a football design on it for his birthday, instead of a new football.

We want to play.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
A lot of serious golfers are very particular about the equipment they use so unless you know exactly what they want it may be difficult. A lot also depends on how much you want to spend. Here are a couple of ideas that I think most golfers would like.

A gift card to their favorite golf shop ie. globalgolf.com, golfsmith, edwin watts.

A gift certificate for their favorite course or depending on how much you want to spend a really nice course they normally don't get to play.

Find out exactly which golf ball they like and buy a box.

A golf book like Harvey Penicks Little Red Book. (almost everyone likes this book)

Find out if they like any particular golf magazines and get them a subscription.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Gift certificates and balls are always good as they are usefull and dont have to be taylored to the golfer.

Be carefull with the magazine subscriptions, i had 4 of the same magazines showing up at one point because different people signed me up, and let me tell you how much of a hassle it is to cancel 3 of the four, but not cancel the fourth...almost started up a news stand...

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
Golfsmith gift card

is about the best gift I could be given when it comes to a golf present. I have also got gift certificates for rounds to my favorite course.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Yep, balls or a round of golf usually can't miss. Maybe a golf glove or a head cover if you know their favorite sports team? Even if they don't use it they should get a kick out of it anyway. Of course a autographed nude picture of Paula Creamer would be nice!!!!! :laugh:

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
I'm thinking about getting my wife a driver for her birthday.
She doesn't play, which is perfect, as I would be using said driver.:laugh:
(with logic like that, I wonder how I survived 17 years of marriage)

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
As mentioned by almost everyone so far, stuff that you can actually use to play would be best. See if they have a favorite course and get them a gift certificate there if they offer them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.