• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Glove poll - wear one or not?

Wear a golf glove (when playing golf)?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I wear them, and I buy good ones. I have worn out a cheap glove in 18 holes. Something about my swing is hard on gloves, if I don't wear gloves I end up with blisters quickly.

I think I get the weathersof two packs? Can't remember off the top of my head right now. These usually last half a summer if I play a good amount...lately they have been lasting me a whole summer.

I take them off for touch shots around the green, basically anything less than a 3/4 swing or so...no hard and fast rule on this. Depends on how I feel walking to the shot.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
I wear them, and I buy good ones. I have worn out a cheap glove in 18 holes. Something about my swing is hard on gloves, if I don't wear gloves I end up with blisters quickly.

I think I get the weathersof two packs? Can't remember off the top of my head right now. These usually last half a summer if I play a good amount...lately they have been lasting me a whole summer.

I take them off for touch shots around the green, basically anything less than a 3/4 swing or so...no hard and fast rule on this. Depends on how I feel walking to the shot.

I have been very lucky with the Walmart el cheapo 5 clams wilson gloves...plus I dig the golf nerd ball marker snapped on the glove! I play 3x per week and they last me about 3 months each...same cannot be said for the “1000 extra lomg tees for 6 bucks”walmart deal - these are the flimsiest ever - I break them just trying to tee a ball up in the ground, and a couple have snapped just being in my pocket!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
For you guys who remove your glove to putt..... Taking time to do so would extend our 1 hour, 59 minute 18-hole round to 2 hours, 12 minutes. Totally and completely uncalled for!!!!!:D:D:D:D
No, you remove the glove while walking/driving to the green. No lost time. Geez, have we got to tell you everything?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have been very lucky with the Walmart el cheapo 5 clams wilson gloves...plus I dig the golf nerd ball marker snapped on the glove! I play 3x per week and they last me about 3 months each...same cannot be said for the “1000 extra lomg tees for 6 bucks”walmart deal - these are the flimsiest ever - I break them just trying to tee a ball up in the ground, and a couple have snapped just being in my pocket!

Maybe they're getting better...I've tried Callaway, Nike, Wilson, Bridgestone, which, I'm pretty sure most of these are made for and branded in the same factory somewhere...possibly the same with the Footjoy stuff.

Who knows.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Maybe they're getting better...I've tried Callaway, Nike, Wilson, Bridgestone, which, I'm pretty sure most of these are made for and branded in the same factory somewhere...possibly the same with the Footjoy stuff.

Who knows.
When I was younger I had to use a batting glove.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The "batting gloves" you talk about. Never had one. I'm assuming these are something spelunkers wear hunting for bats in caves. Keeps the rabid bats from biting you as you catch them. Pretty smart! I always just left them hanging upside down. Never thought about trying to catch them. Gotta get me one of them thar batting gloves for my next spelunking trip. Where to you find them?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
The "batting gloves" you talk about. Never had one. I'm assuming these are something spelunkers wear hunting for bats in caves. Keeps the rabid bats from biting you as you catch them. Pretty smart! I always just left them hanging upside down. Never thought about trying to catch them. Gotta get me one of them thar batting gloves for my next spelunking trip. Where to you find them?
In old geezer's belfries.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
This past season I played without a glove twice. The first time was by mistake. I had forgotten a glove at home along with my golf shoes. It wasn't bad at all. The next time I went out I left the glove at home on purpose. No problems. Felt like Fred Couples.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BogeySwine

Feb 16, 2017
I usually wear a glove when I play and I do take it off when I putt. I'm in the Twin City area in Minnesota and at this time of the year the temps rarely get over 45 degrees. I will wear two gloves and leave them on for putting if it stays low 40's or less.

randman

Oct 8, 2018
Country
yes sure
o.png

🔥 Latest posts