• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf GPS

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
This may be a stupid question but I just thought I would ask. I know there are many different GPS units out there. My question is, are there any websites that you can simply download golf course data? I.E....can you download a hole by hole map with yardages marked out on them and print them out?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I have not heard of a particular program designed for that. BUT, you could do all of that quite easily with Google Earth.

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
off topic a little, but I am always debating if i wanna get a smart phone, i think most of the time i do ok without it and the price tag plan wise, but i think they now have Golf gps apps right on them? Makes me want one even more, LOL!. While most of the time from 120 or so in I have pretty good feel for distance, it would be nice for traps, etc.

Anyhow, I haven't seen a site like this either, but if you find one be sure to post it!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
off topic a little, but I am always debating if i wanna get a smart phone, i think most of the time i do ok without it and the price tag plan wise, but i think they now have Golf gps apps right on them? Makes me want one even more, LOL!. While most of the time from 120 or so in I have pretty good feel for distance, it would be nice for traps, etc.

Anyhow, I haven't seen a site like this either, but if you find one be sure to post it!

I love my phone - that being said, I use a dedicated GPS for golf.

OP
shep3470

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Yeah, I have thought about getting a smart phone since my current contract is due up in June. But it is highy unlikely. I use my phone for work so that would just be more ways they can get ahold of me. My wife has an iphone and though it is nice to have access to internet, email, etc. when we are out and about, it is def. not something I have to have.

Google earth-I know i can do it there but was just looking for a site that had already done the work for me. HAHA!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.