• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf in Cancun

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
We played two courses last week, neither of which MyBluC4 has yet reviewed! :biglol:

First was El Manglar, an executive course--par 54 for 18 holes. http://www.cancungolf.org/index.php?...ang=&task=info There was lots of water (Hubby went through almost a dozen balls), and it was gorgeous (albeit not USGA rated)--a fun first official round of the year. We played from the tips, just under 3,000 feet. I really enjoyed having some risk-reward decisions on my tee shots. So often, the forward tees give you no choice as to how to play the hole.

The longest hole was 276 yards, so I used every club in my bag. (What can I say? I'm a girl--I'm short off the tees.) Best of all, I beat Hubby for the first time ever!
awww.thehackersparadise.com_forum_images_smilies_banana.gif
He's longer off the tee than I am, but really needs to work on his short game.

OP
ClairefromClare

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Second golf course we played was the Hilton's, in the heart of the strip. http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/h...UNHRHH_Golf_hp It was your typical resort golf course--nothing too challenging, but gorgeous (and less water for Hubby). The fun part was local rules about out of bounds and alligators--there were lots of free drops.

I think this course had the lowest slope & rating in Cancun. There are lots of more challenging courses, but we weren't really looking for a challenge this early in the season. Course was in great shape, and practically empty. We never saw the threesome behind us.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Way to go Claire. Now that you finally beat Hubby, get him to take you to Pinehurst next.

Latest posts