• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf in Puerto Rico

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Had the oportunity to go to Puerto Rico last week for work. The resort El Conquistador (elconresort.com) had an incredibly fun golf course to play. There was one tee shot that had to be 100' of elevation drop to the fairway, and another of a little over that. Iguanas everywhere and beautiful weather.
Pic #1 - Friend from Colorado, me, business partner (closet shottalker)
Pic #2 - Green
Pic #3 - Looking back down to tees. Only uphill tee shot on course
Pic #4 - Lower half of our resort
Pic #5 - Finally some shade
Pic #6 - Downhill tee shot - a good one will land right of the bunkers and roll to within 80 yards of green
Pic #7 - Par 5 split halfway by the cart path. Had to have been 100' drop. It looked like a thin landing strip from about 10,000 feet.
Pic #8 - I don't know why I put this in
Pic #9 - Iguana. The old ones were orange. Cool for a North Dakota boy to see on the course.
Web - Puerto Rico 004.jpg
Web - Puerto Rico 007.jpg
Web - Puerto Rico 008.jpg
Web - Puerto Rico 009.jpg
Web - Puerto Rico 018.jpg

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Here are the rest.
Web - Puerto Rico 019.jpg
Web - Puerto Rico 020.jpg
Web - Puerto Rico 021.jpg
Web - Puerto Rico 024.jpg

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I played golf yesterday and it looked nothing like that! :laugh:

Looks like a great trip. I haven't been to Puerto Rico in quite some time but always liked it when I went there for work.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I stayed and played at the El Conquistador a few years ago. I would definitely consider going back. My room was so-so, but the resort itself, including the golf course, was great. Quite the view from up top, eh?

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I stayed and played at the El Conquistador a few years ago. I would definitely consider going back. My room was so-so, but the resort itself, including the golf course, was great. Quite the view from up top, eh?

Those were my thoughts exactly. We stayed in the mid level horseshoe. The island they take you to is pretty fun. snorkeling is mediocre, swiming is OK. The water park is fun. But the golf and the resort were top notch. Phenomenal service. I would go back, but with my family this time.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Beautiful course! Love how lush and green it is.

JEFF4i

I suppose it (or almost anything) would look lusher and greener then that desert you live in... (JK Jeff. You would have done it to me...)

:biglol:

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I hate you! That looks awesome!

I cannot deny that it was awesome. Especially since that day it was -44* F in North Dakota. Thats static temp...BEFORE windchill.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I suppose it (or almost anything) would look lusher and greener then that desert you live in... (JK Jeff. You would have done it to me...)

:biglol:

Hey, we live in a forest of sorts, but I won't deny everything has a tint of brown.

Any monkeys there?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.