• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf is dead - at least for the next few weeks

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Any thoughts on pulling the TPC? We are now shrouded in gloom with this nasty virus. Pretty much all sport is decimated. Soccer, tennis, cricket, basketball, it was only a matter of time before the PGA pulled the plug on golf, but to do it mid Tournament. HM must be pissed, after shooting a 63! Rors and Tommy must be delighted after poor opening rounds. It's not like you can just shift everything on a few weeks or months. The work / money etc that went into this week, all lost! The slots given by the tour are golden. What about the Masters?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Masters postponed. No PGA events until further notice. USGA beginning discussion on U.S. Open. I certainly applaud the decisions made by most all major sports venues to, virtually, shut down until this thing passes. NO sports event is worth endangering the lives of participants or attendees.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Recap of what has happened:

“The PGA TOUR cancelled TPC PLAYERS prior to the second round, as well as the upcoming Valspar Championship (March 19-22), World Golf Championships – Dell Technologies Match Play (March 25-29), Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship (March 26-29) and Valero Texas Open (April 2-5).

Augusta National also announced the Masters (April 9-12) will be postponed, meaning the PGA TOUR is on competitive hiatus until, at least the RBC Heritage, which currently due to start on April 16.”

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Everything is dead. I have 4 tickets for the Harry Connick, Jr concert tomorrow: it was just canceled. Now I have to try to get a refund through StubHub. Yuck

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
It will go down in history as"The Great Media Diarrhea Scare of 2020". Stores have been completely stripped of every last roll of toilet paper. The shelves are bare. And the funny part is that this flu doesn't even cause diarrhea according to the people infected who were interviewed.
89435977_661036228057859_5747717065926508544_o.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Operation annihilate small business is underway in several states now. Shutting down all bars and restaurants for random amounts of time.

Glad I have 35 more years to recoup my retirement accounts....

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
The world has gone mad!! Shutting pubs in Ireland? There will be anarchy on the streets!

And to all those people stock-piling hand sanitizers...your hands may be clean but the people who cannot buy the stuff you have, are their hands clean? You haven't thought that through, have you? That's your weak link!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Operation annihilate small business is underway in several states now. Shutting down all bars and restaurants for random amounts of time.

So true. With the media imposed panic, I’m concerned at the effect on people’s mental health.

The world has gone mad!! Shutting pubs in Ireland? There will be anarchy on the streets!

It’s unthinkable. Generations of Irish have killed viruses through alcohol consumption!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Well, that's it. My course and club are now closed until further notice. :(

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, that's it. My course and club are now closed until further notice. :(
Seeing more and more courses close over here. Ours is still open, for how long we don't know. Where we are a member owned course, we certainly don't have the cash reserves to exist too long before we become insolvent.
Even though we are still open, I haven't played since Saturday. The lady I've lived with for almost 54 years was blessing me with some hints... hints echoed by both daughters. Guess they didn't think this old geezer had any business socializing with other geezers who are socializing with other old geezers who are socializing with...……..
Was perusing another golf forum this morning... one I belong to but hardly ever post to. Began reading their thread on COVID-19 that began in January. Dozens upon dozens of posts continuing to today. Really interesting to see how a person's opinion changes as this thing has advanced across the globe.
Stay safe over there. Go kiss your Blarney Stone or whatever is needed to stay healthy!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
My course was open on Sunday. It was forced to close on Monday (along with others) due to an unintended effect of more stringent government regulations. Courses are now reopening after clarification. Hopefully my club reopens today.

🔥 Latest posts