• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Lesson Wednesday

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ok, I've broken down and admitted that I'm not going to be able to fix my swing on my own. I have a lesson set up for Wednesday afternoon. I really hope this guy can help me figure out what is going on with my swing? I've gone the group lessons route already when I 1st took the game back up, but didn't really get much out of that. This is one on one for an hour, with more to lessons to follow if he seems to know what he is talking about. Hopefully I'll be able to make a post Wednesday night raving about how I now have a wonderful new swing that is repeatable. :laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good luck and take it little by little. I got away from the 1st guy I was seeing and I'm now finally starting to understand some to his teachings. I may end up back with him for a few more lessons.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, finally had my lesson today. Come to find out, this guy, Kirk Kees studied under Ledbetter. Certainly knows his stuff. He said all and all, my swing looked good, just needed some tweaks. He video taped it and showed me what I was doing right, and what I was doing wrong, then we went back down to the range to work on the corrections. By the end of the lesson I was hitting the ball great 8 out of 10 swings, and actually hitting a draw with my irons. Then I proceeded to the course and stunk the place up good, a 90 on a par 64 executive course, ouch :eek:. I know, I know, you have to get worse to get better, but it doesn't make it feel any better does it? But I was impressed enough by the guy I signed up for a package, Three 1hr lessons for $200.00 so we'll see what happens after a few trips to the range and another lesson. BTW, he also said my irons a too short for me, need at least a 1/2 inch added to them, friggin Edwin Watts. :real angry:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Stick with it man, little by little. Nothing feels better than the 1st round it starts coming togther. Scores are scores, they'll gradually start to come down. As to the irons, sounds like a good excuse for some new ones! :laugh: The i701's look sweet, lol.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Yes they do Ezra, I've already been looking at them, :laugh:. But then again, the i302's and i 506's look good too, and are considerably cheaper right now. I'm going o drop off my HiBore irons today to be extended, hopefully they will have some Srixons I can hit while I'm there.

I was working on my swing all night last night, like a kid with a new toy. Almost took out a ceiling fan, thank goodness it was turned down on low, :laugh:.

🔥 Latest posts