• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Lessons:A fool and his money are soon departed"

I agree. The pro I take lesson's from used the video sesion the first few times to illistrate specifics about the golf swing. He now uses it to be able to slow down my swing to see technical elements. I have gotten to the point that I don't even want to see my swing on the video and I trust him to tell me specific techniques based on his observations. I find you have to feel your swing, you don't have a video on the course. I still from time to time glance at the screen if I having problems understanding what I'm doing wrong. But golf seems to be a about opposites and what often feels or seems right turns out to be wrong.

Back on topic -
Take lessons or don't take lessons but I know a 30 minute lesson is worth about 10 hours of proctice on range on my own to show the same results. The solutions I come up with on my own are often band-aids not actual fixes. Fornutnately I have enough money that the lessons are trivial in cost compared to the value I get out of them. What I'm lacking is the time.

For me it is more a fool and his spare time not a fool and his money. To spend hours trying to learn something when it only takes few minutes for it to be taught seems to be foolish; but we all have our own perspective.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520