• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Lessons for Left Handed Woman

Lynn

Apr 4, 2009
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about an excellent golf instructor for a left handed woman? I haven't had my luck with the right handed male pro at our club and wonder if it might be better to be taught by a left handed person? I'd welcome your thoughts and ideas.
Thanks.
Lynn

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Lynn, I'm sure Claire, our man house nanny/dominatrix could help you out. She is left handed, and a lady,

we think? :biglol:

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Hi, Lynn--that would be me. Yes, left-handed woman (or so I claim).

I take most of my lessons from a right-handed man. We both agree it works well because we can stand face to face and I can mirror him. Sounds to me like you may just not have found the right pro.

I should have looked at your profile before I answered this. The best female pro I've had is Jean Harris, who is currently teaching at the Rose Hill Golf Course, in Hilton Head SC. She's a righty, but she's a gifted teacher and will keep finding different ways to get her point across until she finds the one that works for you. Great woman.

There are more of them out there. Ask your friends, check out your local EWGA chapter, and don't give up.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
All a matter of the instructor I would imagine. My wife is a left handed and had good success with the guy that taught us to play, but no such luck since then. She went to LPGA instructors and others, but they just didn't grasp how she hit the clubs. Which as a Right handed Male golfer, that is my same experience. Just a matter of finding an instructor that can visualize your swing and what you want to accomplish.

If you are anywhere near the Philadelphia area I could give you his location, otherwise you likely face the same consequence of any other golfer in finding an instructor you can trust.

Not sure I think it is a matter of right or left handed as much as someone who can grasp the concepts and physics with golf.

🔥 Latest posts