• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Management Degree

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
United States United States
OK, am I too old? I'm 41 years old and retired from the Army. I have a good paying job that I generally like, but it is stressful on the family. (I travel about 50% of the year).

I'm thinking of kinda getting out of the rat race. I have my military retirement and VA disability that my wife and I can live on. I would like to go to school and get a degree in Golf Management, I can get this paid for through either my GI Bill or VA.

I'm sorta tired of the daily grind and want to enjoy myself. Obviously, we wouldn't be able to live the lifestyle we currently do but I'm okay with that.

Am I too old to do this?

Thanks for comments.

Robert

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Do not equate age with brains, management experience or personality. 41 is not old by any means. Golf managment like any management is not about age, it's about winning. Go for it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
If you're willing to change your style of living and your family is supportive of this move then I say this: What are you waiting for?????
I have been trying to figure out a way to do what I love for years now, there is just no market for it here in VT, so I say go for it!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.