• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf on TV: Northern Trust Open, Africa Open, ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open, Ace Group...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
By Golf Channel News

The following tournament lineup, TV schedule and other information were supplied by Golf Channel in a news release.

NORTHERN TRUST OPEN
(PGA Tour)
Dates: February 13-16
Venue: Riviera Country Club, Pacific Palisades, Calif.

Tournament Airtimes On Golf Channel (Eastern):
Thursday 5-8 p.m. (Live) / 8:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)
Friday 5-8 p.m. (Live) / 8:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)
Saturday 1-2:30 p.m. (Live) / 9:30 p.m.-2 a.m. (Replay)
Sunday 1-2:30 p.m. (Live) / 8 p.m.-1 a.m. (Replay)

CBS TV Coverage (Eastern):
Saturday 3-6 p.m.
Sunday 3-6:30 p.m.

Event Notes

Merrick Defends: John Merrick outlasted Charlie Beljan on the second playoff hole in last year’s tournament, becoming the first-ever player from Los Angeles County to win the event.

Headlining The Field: Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose, Keegan Bradley, Jason Dufner, Hunter Mahan, Charl Schwartzel, Jordan Spieth, Matt Kuchar, Louis Oosthuizen and Fred Couples.

* * *​

AFRICA OPEN
(European Tour)
Venue: East London Golf Club, East London, South Africa

Thursday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Friday 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Saturday 5:30-9:30 a.m. (Live)
Sunday 5:30-9:30 a.m. (Live)

Event Notes

Home Field Advantage: No player born outside of South Africa has won the Africa Open, dating back to 2010 when the tournament became an official European Tour event.

Fichardt Defends: Darren Fichardt won last year’s event by two shots over Gregory Bourdy and Jaco Van Zyl, giving the South African his first European Tour victory in his home country, and his fourth overall.

Headlining The Field: Robert Rock, Thomas Aiken, Peter Hedblom, Darren Fichardt, Soren Hansen, Simon Dyson, Shiv Kapur, Michael Hoey, Gregory Bourdy, Oliver Fisher and David Horsey.

* * *​

ISPS HANDA WOMEN'S AUSTRALIAN OPEN
(LPGA Tour)
Venue: The Victoria Golf Club, Victoria, Australia

Wednesday 11 p.m.-2 a.m. (Live) / 1-4 p.m. (Thursday replay)
Friday Noon-2:30 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Saturday 5-9 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Sunday 5-7 p.m. (Tape Delay)

Event Notes

Shin Electing Not to Defend: Jiyai Shin earned her 11th career LPGA victory at last year’s event, winning by two shots over Yani Tseng. However, she is not in the field this week, having resigned her membership on the LPGA Tour last month with plans to focus instead on playing in Asia.

Headlining The Field: Lydia Ko, Suzann Pettersen, Lexi Thompson, Jessica Korda, Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel, Beatriz Recari, Azahara Munoz, Cheyenne Woods and Karrie Webb.

* * *​

ACE GROUP CLASSIC

(Champions Tour)
Dates: February 14-16
Venue: The Talon Course, Twin Eagles Golf Club, Naples, Fla.

Friday 2:30-4:30 p.m. (Live) / Midnight-2 a.m. (Replay)
Saturday 3-5 p.m. (Live) / 2:30-4:30 a.m. (Replay)
Sunday 3-5 p.m. (Live) / 2-4 a.m. (Replay)

Events Notes

Langer Defends: Bernhard Langer won last year’s event for the second time in three years with a one-shot victory over Jay Don Blake.

Headlining The Field: Tom Lehman, Tom Watson, Bernhard Langer, Colin Montgomerie, Nick Price, Kenny Perry, Mark Calcavecchia, Fred Funk, Jay Haas, John Cook and David Frost.

Source: Golf on TV: Northern Trust Open, Africa Open, ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open, Ace Group Classic

Tennessee

Jan 31, 2014
Cleveland, TN
Country
All I know is I watched the Dustin Johnson post-round interview by the Golf Channel, and if he would have said "you know", one more time, I was ready to throw my remote at the screen, you know?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
All I know is I watched the Dustin Johnson post-round interview by the Golf Channel, and if he would have said "you know", one more time, I was ready to throw my remote at the screen, you know?
I don't watch any sports interviews any more, they are all basically the same. Except for Richard Sherman, that was classic.

Tennessee

Jan 31, 2014
Cleveland, TN
Country
That's true...Uh, it was tough out there today, the wind kept the greens dry on the front nine, I hit a couple short and left a couple out there, had a good drive on fourteen, (it always seems to be fourteen), and that birdie on seven was a real highlight for me. Good round today, looking to hopefully move up the board, blah, blah, blah, vomit.....

Tennessee

Jan 31, 2014
Cleveland, TN
Country
Funny thing, TP. Being in golf, guitars, other wooden products, and I was in sales up until last September, plus spent most of my career in Continuous Improvement, I belong to a lot of forums. But I currently only post on two. Lumberjocks.com, and this site.

The reasons are pretty simple. It's true that a lot of people become instant experts on the Internet. Guys who have posted on forums and sent me e-mails about guitars, talking like they know everything and all the geometry and all the things they have modified, built, etc., will finally scrape enough money together to buy one from me, or have me do a repair (that they indicated maybe a few months back they could do any day of the week), and they almost always show up in beat up cars, maybe a couple dozen McDonalds bags floating around, and they are poor as church mice. But experts on the Net!

So I look for sites where people tend to talk more about the human side of the issues, and less about trying to impress people with their vast knowledge and abilities. I got thrown off one forum by the moderator for calling out some guy who told me I could not possibly build the guitars I do build based on his vast knowledge of wood. On the other hand, I sold my first commissions in 1971, most likely before that young man even walked the earth. In heated e-mails with the moderator, I asked him what he was running? I asked him to look at my site and at that time, the guitars I was building and the posts from the obvious teenagers who tried to call me out with no knowledge at all.
Sheepishly, he came back two days later and apologized, asked me to come back when he reviewed the posts and realized what had gone down. But I told him no thanks...didn't have to prove anything to anybody.
So this place is a bit of fresh air...There are a few posts where people expound on their technical prowess or huge knowledge, but you have to realize there are actually a few people out there who do know what they are talking about. But I mostly am not interested in a dissertation on loft, lie, length, etc. I'd rather talk about the human side of the game.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.