• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf on TV: Waste Management Phoenix Open and Omega Dubai Desert Classic

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
By Golf Channel News

The following tournament lineup, TV schedule and other information were supplied by Golf Channel in a news release.

WASTE MANAGEMENT PHOENIX OPEN
(PGA Tour)
Dates: January 30 – February 2
Venue: Stadium Course, TPC Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Ariz.

Tournament Airtimes On Golf Channel (Eastern):
Thursday 3-7 p.m. (Live) / 7:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)
Friday 3-7 p.m. (Live) / 7:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)
Saturday 1-2:30 p.m. (Live) / 10:30 p.m.-3 a.m. (Replay)
Sunday 1-2:30 p.m. (Live) / 10:30 p.m.-3 a.m. (Replay)

Event Notes

Largest Gallery on TOUR: Attracting the largest crowds on the TOUR schedule, the 2013 tournament drew an attendance of more than 525,000 for the week, and a single-day record of nearly 180,000 on Saturday alone.

Mickelson defends: Phil Mickelson went wire-to-wire to win last year’s event, sparked by an opening round of 60 that included a lip-out for a 59 on his final hole, en route to winning the event for the third time in his career.

Headlining The Field: Phil Mickelson, Keegan Bradley, Brandt Snedeker, Lee Westwood, Bubba Watson, Gary Woodland, Rickie Fowler, Ian Poulter, Nick Watney and Bill Haas.

* * *​

OMEGA DUBAI DESERT CLASSIC
(European Tour)
Dates: January 30 – February 2
Venue: Majlis Course, Emirates Golf Club, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Tournament Airtimes On Golf Channel (Eastern):
Thursday Midnight-4 a.m. / 5:30-8:30 a.m. (Live) / 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (Replay)
Friday 1-8:30 a.m. (Live) / 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (Replay)
Saturday 4-8 a.m. (Live) / 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Replay) / 6:30-10:30 p.m. (Replay)
Sunday 4-8 a.m. (Live) / 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Replay) / 6:30-10:30 p.m. (Replay)

Event Notes

Woods, McIlroy Grouped Together: Tiger Woods makes his first appearance in Dubai since 2011 and will be grouped with Rory McIlroy and Stephen Gallacher, winner of last year’s event for the opening two rounds of competition.

Headlining The Field: Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Henrik Stenson, Ernie Els, Fred Couples, John Daly, Matteo Manassero, Thomas Bjorn, Stephen Gallacher and Mark O’Meara.

Source: Golf on TV: Waste Management Phoenix Open and Omega Dubai Desert Classic

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Couldn't believe that final hole for Bubba vs K.Stadler. :( I was totally pulling for Watson and then that last hole was just so much trouble for him. And then to get up and miss the final 5ft putt to push a tie.. :( I was hurting for him.

Cool to hear Stadler will be competing with his dad though in the Masters because of it.

Anyone else watch golf on Sunday, or was everyone fixated on the start of the Superbowl at that point?

Tennessee

Jan 31, 2014
Cleveland, TN
Country
I liked when Stadler told Peter Costis he didn't like winning that way, with Bubba faltering, but it had been a long time, he would take it any way he could.

And to be honest, if I had to listen to Jim Nantz sneak in one more plug for the Masters, I think I would have just quit watching it. According to him, there is one major....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.