• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Resorts

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Alright, since i will be getting married sometime in the next year or so we figured that we should find out a place to get married.

She suggested a Golf resort down in florida so the whole family could have a vacation of sorts...

So i was wondering if there was anyone here that have been to any golf resorts in the Orlando area or within an hour or so of Orlando?

Dont really need anything uber expensive, but they need to be able to hold a wedding/reception on site as well as keep our entire party(or most of them anyway) at the resort. Needs to have golf, and a spa(for the ladies) but other activities would be nice as well.

Any suggestions are welcome!

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Innisbrook near Tampa. The PGA plays there almost every March. The Copperhead course is one of the best in the country.

Tampa Florida Luxury Hotels | Florida Golf Vacations | Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club, Palm Harbor, Florida

Copperhead5Aerial.jpg

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Oh man, it's started already. I guess she fitted you for the nose ring early....

lol...i dont want anything to do with the wedding except being there...

Now the reception and the party up here when we get back...thats my deal.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
lol...i dont want anything to do with the wedding except being there...

Now the reception and the party up here when we get back...thats my deal.
Don't blame you, and that's a smart move. My first wedding was the typical huge deal. 1st day we were engaged, I was involved for about 15 minutes. After that, I simply went where I was told and didn't say squat.

2nd time around we were much smarter. Went to the church one afternoon with all 4 kids and said our vows. Spent the rest of the day visiting our parents and being together. Didn't even take a honeymoon for 6 months.

When my girls get engaged, I will offer them a substantial amount of money to elope....

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Alright, since i will be getting married sometime in the next year or so we figured that we should find out a place to get married.

She suggested a Golf resort down in florida so the whole family could have a vacation of sorts...

So i was wondering if there was anyone here that have been to any golf resorts in the Orlando area or within an hour or so of Orlando?

Dont really need anything uber expensive, but they need to be able to hold a wedding/reception on site as well as keep our entire party(or most of them anyway) at the resort. Needs to have golf, and a spa(for the ladies) but other activities would be nice as well.

Any suggestions are welcome!

If money is no object the Innisbrook resort in Palm Harbor just north of Clearwater is amazing. Two courses to play and infinite things for the fam to do.....not to mention being about 4 minutes from the beach. The Island course blows away the Copperhead course in my opinion. Wish they had the PGA event on it, but it's not designed to handle crowds. And the best sushi joint on the planet is about 10 minutes away in case you have a slight addiction as I do. Kaikos on Enterprise.

Near to my heart, pace of play. If you enjoy 5-6 hour rounds play Copperhead. If you enjoy 3 hour rounds play Island.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Marriot Resort has a great spa, and a great golf course. The Faldo Institute is there as well.

I checked the rates for two people per room, with breakfast and a round of golf. $240 if you stayed tonight.

That's not bad.

FYI - GrandCypress was $600, Reunion was $400.

Don't count out Disney. I didn't look it up, but the courses are great, and it's Disney.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Marriot Resort has a great spa, and a great golf course. The Faldo Institute is there as well.

I checked the rates for two people per room, with breakfast and a round of golf. $240 if you stayed tonight.

That's not bad.

FYI - GrandCypress was $600, Reunion was $400.

Don't count out Disney. I didn't look it up, but the courses are great, and it's Disney.

Thanks man...yeah, she just got off the phone with someone at disney and they are sending her a packet of information about costs and everything for doing it at disney...

I wouldnt mind that...actually sounds like a good idea to me.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Thanks man...yeah, she just got off the phone with someone at disney and they are sending her a packet of information about costs and everything for doing it at disney...
I think they'll kick you out of the park for that, eclark. :emot-ange

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online