• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Shoes

MrT

Jul 23, 2008
What do you wear...how do you like them?

Currently wearing Adidas Powerbands...I like them but I am starting to walk when i play more and they hurt after a while.

Any suggestions?

PS.>>.sorry if this thread was around before!

Mr. T

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've got 4 pair, Adidas PowerBands, Nike SP4's ?, Footjoy DryJoy's, and Oakley's.

The Adidas and Footjoy's are dead even on comfort in my opinion, followed by the Nike's.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
FootJoy Reelfit - Recently had a pair start leaking after a year... sent them back to FootJoy and got a brand new pair! Great fit... comfy.. walk 18 no problem in them.

Nike TW SP8 - Great shoe as well. Nice fit... no problems walking 18.

I think both of those can be had right now for $100.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I wear Footjoy Greenjoys. I like them for the most part. They are comfortable and were pretty inexpensive.

OP
MrT

MrT

Jul 23, 2008
Okay next question is how do they shoes fit as far width? I'm a 9 1/2 wide so gotta find a shoe that works for that.

I heard a lot about the eccos. Tell me more!

Thanks for the replies!

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Im a size 12 and my Greenjoys are just standard width and my feet are fine. No pain, no discomfort...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I got powerbands also. The first pair hurt my feet too. Sent them back and got one full size larger and now all is well. They run small in the toe.

:)

emetib

May 16, 2009
People will tell you to get ECCO if you can afford it.

This is true but one thing about Ecco's is that if you are willing to wear an older model you can almost always get them on clearance. The latest pair I bought were under $100 and they had a MSRP of $230.

I walk about 4-5 rounds a week and I'd buy them even if I couldn't afford them. Sore feet and blisters can do more to kill your golf game than just about anything so I'll never scimp on shoes.

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
Ecco!! Try to find if there is an ECCO store around. The one closest to me is in Atlantic City. The first 7/8 of the store is all this years model and the back half of that is all golf shoes. On the back wall is a clearance section with last years shoes. I got two pairs, and each pair came with replacement foot liners and replacement spikes. One shoe retailed for 280 and the other for 230...walked out with a $130 bill. Total steal.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I love the feel of my Oakley Rip Saws. They were a cheap solution at the time but ended up to be the most comfortable shoe I have worn on the course.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I played barefoot recently. Actually quite well. And it was fun.

🔥 Latest posts