• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Simulator League

jazzmoe

Dec 18, 2008
Hello everyone. I am a noob to this forum and the game of golf. I started golfing in the summer of 07 and I am now like most of you an addict;) I have had lessons and usually golf around twice a week, weather permitting. I now typically shoot around 100-110. I am writing this to invite people to start a golf simulator league. I have set up a golf simulator in my garage. It consists of a P3ProSwing, screen, net, projector, laptop and heat source. If you live in the Milwaukee area, like to drink beer and would like to play golf once a week during the winter, let me know. I recently moved to Milwaukee from the Detroit area and find it difficult to get my buddies together to play as much as I would like to. If anyone is interested let me know.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Little too far for me to drive once a week but that sure would be a fun way to get together with friends on cold winter weekends in Wisconsin!

Welcome to Shottalk!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Hello everyone. I am a noob to this forum and the game of golf. I started golfing in the summer of 07 and I am now like most of you an addict;) I have had lessons and usually golf around twice a week, weather permitting. I now typically shoot around 100-110. I am writing this to invite people to start a golf simulator league. I have set up a golf simulator in my garage. It consists of a P3ProSwing, screen, net, projector, laptop and heat source. If you live in the Milwaukee area, like to drink beer and would like to play golf once a week during the winter, let me know. I recently moved to Milwaukee from the Detroit area and find it difficult to get my buddies together to play as much as I would like to. If anyone is interested let me know.

I am so jealous of you right now!! First welcome to the forum, this is a great place to meet other golf addicts and club hoes alike!! Secondly I hate you for having a simulator in your garage and being so damn far away!! :p

How much did the set-up cost you? If you don't mind sharing... I've been considering this for some time now, but currently lack the extra space. I'll still get it done eventually though!!

OP
J

jazzmoe

Dec 18, 2008
Thank you all for welcoming me. I built the setup under $1500. The P3ProSwing was purchased used from E-bay for $800. It included a mat, the 18 hole course, swing analysis and entertainment pack. I already had a laptop. I then bought the projector used from E-bay, the screen material and net. It works great! Let me know if you have any more questions.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Thank you all for welcoming me. I built the setup under $1500. The P3ProSwing was purchased used from E-bay for $800. It included a mat, the 18 hole course, swing analysis and entertainment pack. I already had a laptop. I then bought the projector used from E-bay, the screen material and net. It works great! Let me know if you have any more questions.
Pictures of the setup!!!

My garage isnt big enough, and my basement only has 7 foot ceiling so i haev no place to put a sim but i sure would like to see yours!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Wow that's much cheaper than I expected! hrmmmmmmm...... *wheels start turning*

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Wow that's much cheaper than I expected! hrmmmmmmm...... *wheels start turning*

I think we may be thinking along the same lines slickpitt. I was thinking much more than $1500. I wonder if I could convince any of my neighbours to rent out their garage??

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Warbirdlover might be interested.

Why are there so many guys in WI on this site?

OP
J

jazzmoe

Dec 18, 2008
Sure, the next time I go out I will take pictures and video and post the link.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Pictures of the setup!!!

My garage isnt big enough, and my basement only has 7 foot ceiling so i haev no place to put a sim but i sure would like to see yours!

That's my problem - I actually planned to do this because all I'd need is the P3P, as I already have a projector, screen, and net. But in my garage there are only 1 or two spots where you have the overhead space due to the door tracks, openers, cross beam, etc. Next house I build will have a room in the basement that was designed around this idea, that's for sure.

Welcome to ST jazzmoe, glad to have you around. If I were near you I'd be in like crazy. In fact you'd probably have to start chasing me away eventually.

OP
J

jazzmoe

Dec 18, 2008
That's my problem - I actually planned to do this because all I'd need is the P3P, as I already have a projector, screen, and net. But in my garage there are only 1 or two spots where you have the overhead space due to the door tracks, openers, cross beam, etc. Next house I build will have a room in the basement that was designed around this idea, that's for sure.

Welcome to ST jazzmoe, glad to have you around. If I were near you I'd be in like crazy. In fact you'd probably have to start chasing me away eventually.

It took some trial and error to find a suitable spot in my garage to swing the club for all of the same reasons. I have a very old garage and the joists are further apart than would be up to code today, so it worked out. The hard part was figuring out a heat source. my garage has no interior walls or insulation. I purchased a propane heater that was said to heat a 600 sq. ft. area, which is about the size of the garage and it wasn't even close to warming it properly. I sold it and then purchased a larger unit that heats up to 1900 sq. ft. At it's highest setting it works great.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Little too far for me to drive once a week but that sure would be a fun way to get together with friends on cold winter weekends in Wisconsin!

Welcome to Shottalk!

Same dealio for me, I absolutely hate I-94 & when I do go into Milwaukee I usually take my time & go back roads.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.