• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Superstitions

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Wow I don't think there is enough space on the web to post all of my superstitions when I golf but here are a few of my finer ones:

-Always flip a tee on the first tee to determine honors.
When I play alone I have to flip a tee on the first tee anyways until it comes to rest pointing at me before I can tee off.

-I have to make my last putt on the putting green before the round can begin
I have been known to pull a young tiger and hit my last put from about three inches to insure that this happens.

- I must have the words on my golf ball on the back of the ball facing the exact target line I want on my first tee shot (others are hit or miss if it is exact)

- All birdie and eagle putts are lined up from both sides (others are on a pace of play basis)

- A snickers bar at the turn, never anything else. I don't bring them with me so if the course I am playing doesn't have them I am in for trouble on the back.

- Never a golf ball in the pocket (this stems from the fact that it is against the rules, and my fear that it promotes bad swings as a "I have another one just in case" mentality takes over)

- Club head covers must go back on the woods after each shot

- Clubs have a specific spot in the bag (this is more for ease of finding when I need them)

- I have to use a ball mark repair tool from the course I am playing. I now have a huge collection of them.

These are just a few of my better ones, and they can border on the OCD side of things.

🔥 Latest posts