• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Undies for Father's Day

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
After watching Freddie nearly win again and reading about the back brace he was using, I did a little research.

Not sure if this is the same one but the description is the same. In any case, this is what I've asked my wife and girls to get me for Father's Day. As always, they think I'm nuts and my wife just wanted to go to Walmart and have me pick out a girdle. :p

I should have it by the end of the week so I'll let you guys with bad backs know if it helps or not. :faintthud

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Just make sure to shave the back if you decide to post pics. K?

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Just make sure to shave the back if you decide to post pics. K?

There won't be any pics. Nobody wants to see that. :wow:

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Holy crap, it works!

Well, my golf girdle came in yesterday and that was all the reason I needed to go play a few holes after dinner.

My first impression of the brace was that it felt restrictive but I could really feel the support for my lower back. I decided to go with no Ibuprofin to give it a real test.

I played 14 holes before dark but took some extra shots for practice on some holes so really took as many shots as you would in full round. I had no back pain the entire time and more importantly, no pain or stiffnes last night or this morning. Best $60.00 I've ever spent.

You guys with bad backs may want to take a look at this. FWIW it's the same brace Payne Stewart use to wear and I think it's the one Freddie's using now.

Oh yeah, it's a little hot to wear in the summer but not as bad as I thought it would be. It was 99F when I left the house.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Does it give any support around the frontal mid-riff?

So not only does it help your back, it also gives one a six-pack stomach, no?

Could DaveIreland add some Christmas Tree lights to his?

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
Does it give any support around the frontal mid-riff?

So not only does it help your back, it also gives one a six-pack stomach, no?

Could DaveIreland add some Christmas Tree lights to his?

Oh yeah, it's very trimming if that's a concern. Lights are completely optional. :p

🔥 Latest posts