• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

golf without clubs?

jamesj

Apr 1, 2006
hey so im going to houston, tx for a job interview and ill be done on friday at noon. they couldn't get me a flight back home until saturday at 1pm so i basically have 24 hours of time to do whatever. right now im in kentucky where its currently freezing raining and the temperature is below freezing. houston is supposed to be near 70 so i definitely want to take advantage of that. but i don't want to bring my clubs mainly because i don't have a travel bag and don't really want to go through the hassle of lugging them along.

is there any way to rent clubs or something to play a round or even just go to a driving range? i want to hit balls so badly and also kill some time while im in a city knowing no one with nothing really to do. could i maybe ask to demo some clubs and hit a bunch of balls with them or would they even let me take them on a course?

thanks.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
JJ,

Practically any muni you play will have rental clubs. Usually they are junk, but then again, they are rental clubs.

Some places have "premium" rental clubs. You pay more, but you get some name-brand stuff. Usually the rental of these are about the same as a round at a Muni.

Still, just to be able to get out and play is well worth it IMO. Just throw a box of balls in your carry-on, and a glove and some tees, and you are all set.

Look up where you want to play on Places to Play by Golf Digest then give the course a call a few days in advance to see if they have rental clubs etc. etc. etc.

shanker

Feb 11, 2008
Houston can be a golf paradise/hell.
What type of job are you looking at there in Houston?
My wife wants to move there to get close to her folks but I am afraid of all the traffic and gangs. I like Sugarland/Katie area a lot. I'll probably wind up moving there too.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.