• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GolfChannel Online Handicap

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Well, it's not equipment but here's a review. I'm very disappointed in the GolfChannel handicap service. The site frequently experiences problems and I can't enter my rounds or get my information. The gametracker has been very poorly put together. Basically if you decide to keep a stat, you have to continue to keep that stat every single round or it will get all screwed up. For instance if I were to keep track of fairways hit for 3 rounds but I have 7 rounds entered total, 4 of them with no fairway stats, it will figure my % of fairways off of the 3 round total but divide by the 7 rounds. Even dumber, if you do it with putts it will do the same. I was wondering how the he!! I was averaging 17 putts per round.

I'm dissapointed enough to consider requesting my money back for it and cancelling if the site continues to have issues with pages unable to be opened constantly.

I just went back to look as I'd forgotten the name of the service I used previously. Golfserve was the name and it was much better than the Golfchannel. It would only divide by the stats entered to get %'s and I never had any issues with the site. In fact they extended the subscription well beyond the year and didn't charge me. Never should have switched.

Sorry GolfChannel but if you put out a crappy product, I'm going to let your potential customers know about it.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
You should try this site, it has worked well for me, its not an offical handicap but it still gives you a good idea of where your at. I hope this isn't the one your using because this one is called GameTrack also, but here's the link anyways.
GameTrack Version 3.1
I would would ask for my money back too, no reason to pay for something that doesn't work.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I'm down to just using a spreadsheet for everything i want to do. Much easier.

skierbri10

May 2, 2008
Well, it's not equipment but here's a review. I'm very disappointed in the GolfChannel handicap service. The site frequently experiences problems and I can't enter my rounds or get my information. The gametracker has been very poorly put together. Basically if you decide to keep a stat, you have to continue to keep that stat every single round or it will get all screwed up. For instance if I were to keep track of fairways hit for 3 rounds but I have 7 rounds entered total, 4 of them with no fairway stats, it will figure my % of fairways off of the 3 round total but divide by the 7 rounds. Even dumber, if you do it with putts it will do the same. I was wondering how the he!! I was averaging 17 putts per round.

I'm dissapointed enough to consider requesting my money back for it and cancelling if the site continues to have issues with pages unable to be opened constantly.

I just went back to look as I'd forgotten the name of the service I used previously. Golfserve was the name and it was much better than the Golfchannel. It would only divide by the stats entered to get %'s and I never had any issues with the site. In fact they extended the subscription well beyond the year and didn't charge me. Never should have switched.

Sorry GolfChannel but if you put out a crappy product, I'm going to let your potential customers know about it.

weird, I have never had a problem with it. But, I do agree with the stats portion of your post.

🔥 Latest posts