• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfers elbow

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Any thing I can buy to help with the inside elbow pain ? Right elbow.
Hurts really bad within a few holes of golf.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Play till the durn thing falls off!!! If you wait until it heals, you might find another sport you like better... like badminton, shuffleboard, rope skipping, hopscotch, tiddlywinks, etc... and never get back to golf!!!!

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Play till the durn thing falls off!!! If you wait until it heals, you might find another sport you like better... like badminton, shuffleboard, rope skipping, hopscotch, tiddlywinks, etc... and never get back to golf!!!!
Like I said...... Played for 12 months with the brace on and just dealt with the pain. It finally healed.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Like I said...... Played for 12 months with the brace on and just dealt with the pain. It finally healed.
One of the best drivers in our geezer group sprained a wrist about 1 1/2 years ago. He got one of those heavy wrist supports that has the steel shank in it. His wrist is long healed. The guy still wears the wrist brace because it keeps his wrist from bending and he smashes his driver. When he takes it off, he gets too wristy and can't keep a ball anywhere near the fairway. Cheatin' dog!!!! But, at our age, we use every trick we can get away with.......

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
One of the best drivers in our geezer group sprained a wrist about 1 1/2 years ago. He got one of those heavy wrist supports that has the steel shank in it. His wrist is long healed. The guy still wears the wrist brace because it keeps his wrist from bending and he smashes his driver. When he takes it off, he gets too wristy and can't keep a ball anywhere near the fairway. Cheatin' dog!!!! But, at our age, we use every trick we can get away with.......
Says the guy who played right after carpal tunnel surgery and ripped his stitches open........ 😉

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Thera Band flex bars. I had tennis elbow and the bandit brace combined with flex bar exercises got rid of it permanently. Ditched the band it as the pain lessened, kept up with the flex bar exercises for a few months, pain free for years afterwards.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Says the guy who played right after carpal tunnel surgery and ripped his stitches open........ 😉
2004 peeing blood and on high potency pain killers while nursing a kidney stone... but couldn't miss our tee time.
2009 five weeks out from total knee replacement when I wasn't supposed to swing a club for 90 days.
Mowed our lawn with a push mower 2 weeks out from the TKR, when still supposed to not wander far from my walker. When wife came home and pretty well "unloaded" on me, told her there was no difference between a walker and a push more. Either one can keep you from falling.
Doctors have to be over protective for their own protection. I appreciate that. I've just not set a very good example others should follow.

OP
N

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Man, today was a bear. Hurt so damn bad starting what I would call flinching on the downswing.
Thing was, I was already prepaid up 110 to play this course called tour 18, playing with a group .
so really had to try. It hurt so danged much on every iron that was not a short wedge shot. Played really bad lol. Putted fairly decent at times though.

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Man, today was a bear. Hurt so damn bad starting what I would call flinching on the downswing.
Thing was, I was already prepaid up 110 to play this course called tour 18, playing with a group .
so really had to try. It hurt so danged much on every iron that was not a short wedge shot. Played really bad lol. Putted fairly decent at times though.
I played 4 days of golf on a trip once with elbow tendinitis. By the 4th day, my elbow was black, blue, purple, etc. Tendons ruptured. That took a year to heal

🔥 Latest posts