• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfing gods???

295yards

May 5, 2009
We all know by now that there is such thing as "golfing gods" but I think I am quickly realising that the golfing gods are much like politicians. They do not have our best interests at heart. It's one big monopoly where the all mighty dollar rules all.

Seriously! I think the golf equipment manufacturers have lined the pockets of the "golfing gods" . Why else do you think most everyone is an equipment ho? The gods deal us with struggle after struggle and it seems the only way to the recovery road is by entering into the sacred golf store on Sunday for some new equipment.

Immediately we are rewarded with longer and straighter tee shots, solid irons and superior wedge play, more GIR and record low putting rounds.
Technology hasn't moved much since early 2000 but that new driver or iron is virtually obsolete in our hands within only a few months.

We fight to stay positive. We increase our range and on course practice to build the fundamentals of solid play, but the only way to improvement is through newer better equipment.

Even more cruel is that the golfing gods have have us believing our old clubs will again perform once on that one rainy day just so we are not too quick to put our old clubs up for sale. all in an effort to ensure all equipment profit goes directly to the manufacturers.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The gods struck me today. WBL and I went and played 9 today. On the way there I said how I was hitting my Rapture real good lately. Block, block, and block on the first three holes. The next couple were o.k. Hole #8 snapper in reaction to all the blockage. Hole #9 pull... also in reaction to the blockage. Oh yeah, and I even skanked the hell out of my 60* to boot. Skulled a sand shot. WBL can verify that towards the end I said "I think I need new clubs." Terrible.... absolutely frickin atrocious. Makes me want to puke thinking about todays round.

So in summary, you're absolutely right. The manufacturers would be real happy if I had money.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I went into a golf galaxy to get some new grips for my wife, and ended up getting her a whole new set of irons. All because she was convinced the irons she had just weren't working right. So the golfing gods and club manufacturers obviously have a pact going
hehe

🔥 Latest posts