• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfing this holiday weekend?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Who is planning on getting out & dealing with the masses on the courses this weekend?

I worked half day today & got in 27 holes. Have tee time for noon tomorrow & then will play 18 saturday as well, just don't know where I will play that at yet. Monday I might head down to Kenosha to see my daughter, if I do then I may play Petrifying Springs or Ives Grove.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
i will scream if I don't get to play this weekend
right now have a monday morning tee time, but hoping to sneak out for at least 9 tomorrow or Saturday

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
i will scream if I don't get to play this weekend
right now have a monday morning tee time, but hoping to sneak out for at least 9 tomorrow or Saturday

You interested in trying to get together on Sat.? Twofast went on vacation so I'm left all alone.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Not me, i hate golfing on holidays...all the "recrational" golfers go on these days...greens are all scuffed up from people dragging their feet, bunkers are never raked, and why is it that the only people that know how to yell fore are the ones that barely ever have to?

Just me though, i like going when its quiet.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
That and i dont have to worry about hitting anyone with my pitching wedge after i skulled that 50yard pitch 80yards over the green.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That and i dont have to worry about hitting anyone with my pitching wedge after i skulled that 50yard pitch 80yards over the green.
I usually go the Woody Austin route and just beat myself over the head. Kind of like some of the arguments I've been in on this forum....

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Not me, i hate golfing on holidays...all the "recrational" golfers go on these days...greens are all scuffed up from people dragging their feet, bunkers are never raked, and why is it that the only people that know how to yell fore are the ones that barely ever have to?

Just me though, i like going when its quiet.

I too prefer going when it's quiet, which is why I really like playing after work on weekdays. But my game has really been coming around lately & want to enjoy it for the short period it might last.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Actually i am wrong, i played on mothers day...place was friggin DEAD...lol all the other poor saps sittin at mums house bored out of their skulls...

Another good hoilday to golf i think would be thanksgiving(warmer climates), valentines day...or other good ones where you wouldnt go golfing with the buddies during...however, most of those are when its cold as fek here...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Actually i am wrong, i played on mothers day...place was friggin DEAD...lol all the other poor saps sittin at mums house bored out of their skulls...

Another good hoilday to golf i think would be thanksgiving(warmer climates), valentines day...or other good ones where you wouldnt go golfing with the buddies during...however, most of those are when its cold as fek here...
Thanksgiving is a great day. Golf in the morning, turkey and football in the afternoon. And if the women aren't too tired after doing the dishes, dessert!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Thanksgiving is a great day. Golf in the morning, turkey and football in the afternoon. And if the women aren't too tired after doing the dishes, dessert!
Yeah, and then some whiskey!

My thanksgiving is almost exactly like that except replace "golf" with "Deer Hunting" and throw a shower right after that(cuz the relatives dont take too kindly to bloody hands in the turkey)

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
12:07 tee time at Chula Vista in the Dells today, hopefully the rain that's in the area will be past by then & it looks like it will.

Going to call Castle Rock in Mauston & see about playing tomorrow. Now the weather for sunday & monday is looking rather iffy so not sure if anything is going on those days.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
PLaying this afternoon for sure... we'll just have to see how the rest of the weekend goes :)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
1:00 Saturday at Aberdeen in N. Myrtle Beach with my wife. Course will be slow because it's Sport Bike Weekend and the golfers don't go down on Memorial Day weekend.

When I made my tee time, they were wide open.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.