• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfing this holiday weekend?

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
BTW Jerry, I hope the weather holds out for you tomorrow, the forecast isn't looking too good right now.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
1 good thing did come out of yesterdays play though, found 2 almost new Pro V1X's. Going to have to go thru my collection of found balls & see how many I have now. I keep all the balls I find & toss them into a large cooler in the garage, it's full right now.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Had a 77 at the local course. Not particularly long, but it has some trouble on it. Played with 6 others ( of whom were family in town for the Indy 500) and my son -12- and my neighbor as well. One 16 year old who crushes the ball as far as i do had an 83. My neighbor had a 78, his best in a long time helped out by a chip in eagle on a par 5. My boy shot about a 125, as did two other youngsters. Not bad, as this is his first year taking the game seriously.

I only had one birdie, but it was a good one.... see the "2008 Near Ace Thread" I started.

Had a fabulous time. We changed up the foursomes at the turn so everyone got to play with everybody for 9, and we played the last hole as an "Eightsome" which was fun as hell. 8 of us charging up the hill towards the green giving a new definition to the term "ready golf." More than one ball was in the air most of the time. A few went O.B. and more than one shot was skanked up the hill or fired over the green. Still managed a regulation par to finish strong.

EDIT - It was Stoney Creek Golf Course in Noblesville, IN for anyone who is familiar with the area north of Indy.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
If you haven't played here I hope you hit it straight. I was ready to quit golf after playing there... I hate that place with a passion.

Jaden

Wife and I got rained/lighteninged (yep, new word) out for Saturday, but changed it to 1:00 Sunday. No one around us on the first nine (Highlands) and only 1 twosome in front of us on the 2nd nine (Meadows). Played great off the tee, but didn't score like I wanted to. Didn't lose a single ball the whole round.

Hit the pin on my approach on one of the par 5's from about 90 out.

Neither of us found the course that hard, and we both agreed we'd definitely go back. Different strokes, as they say...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I played The Refuge Sunday by myself, I was the 1st golfer on the course. There was a 4some behind me, but I was able to play at nice steady pace with no worries of being held up. The dew on the greens reminded me of when I was learning to play with my Dad years ago. We'd go early in the morning when he got off work. I even called him at the turn as told him how it had reminded me of us playing years ago. I shot a 90 which tickled me, now if I can just do that this coming weekend in my tournament there. Monday my wifes brother came up and we played 18 at the home course and had a blast. He hadn't played in over a year he said but had such a good time he will be back again for another round soon.

🔥 Latest posts