• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfing with long sleeves

OP
Quentin

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
DaveE said:
There are quite a few retirees that come down your part of the country every winter. As soon as it starts to warm up they all head back.

We get to play all year but pay for the priviledge with long hot summers. It won't start to cool down again until sometime in October. Not that I would trade places, the heat doesn't really bother me that much.

Feel free to come down next winter and we'll probably be able to play in shirt sleeves.

What part of Florida are you located? I was in Orlando last fall and I'd like to take my wife and kids down there sometime to enjoy Disney.

I actually have good memories everytime I visit Florida. I remember driving down there for spring break one year with a buddy of mine to attend the Sammy & Camille Duvall waterski school...just because she was hot. We were also on the waterski team for the University so we learned sumpin' to boot.

~QQ

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Buddha's in Florida, I'm in Central TX near Austin. It's easily the nicest part of TX with several lakes and lots of rolling hills.

My wife's sister and husband came for a visit last summer and kept making me confirm that they were in TX. I guess they thought it would be all cactus and desert.

This is a photo of one of the local courses and the lake where we live. And best of all, it never freezes over. ;)

OP
Quentin

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
Dave, that course looks sweet.

One thing I like about living here is the fact that I do live on a lake. 300 feet of sandy shoreline. Here's a photo of my dock and view last fall. This may in fact be the only reason I enjoy Minny.

Texas anything like this around the lakes? How many 10 gallon hats do you need to own to live in TX?
lake.JPG

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Yep, that's probably a good enough reason to stay. Beautiful pic.

The waterfront here has become pretty pricey the last few years. In the nicer neighborhoods it's taking close to $1m to get a nice home on the water. Off water is nowhere near that though.

You could get this for your winter home for about $1.3m.

OP
Quentin

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
Didn't know there were that many lakes in Texas. Looks very nice and really not bad for lake property. Pretty similar pricing up here.

It would be nice to play year round..and be able to put a shotgun on the back window of my pickup. Just in case.

I DO have opportunities to get down to TX for work. I'll touch base when the moment arrives.

~QQ

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I lived in Houston until 1993 and even then they estimated that over half the cars on the freeway were armed. You almost never heard anyone honk their horn. Beep, beep........bang.

Let me know when you're headed this way and we'll tee it up. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Quentin said:
Today, I teed it up at 1pm. It was about 63 degrees so I started out with a pullover.
~QQ

I've played 16 rounds so far and have worn a long sleeve every round - sometimes I also wear a rain jacket for both rain and cold.

If it were to make 63 degrees here, I'd prob play naked.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online