• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golflogix GPS

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Before you get it, be sure it has or you can get, the courses you want to put in.

Harold

Sep 15, 2007
Got to try out the GPS yesterday and it's a neat toy. After DL'ing the courses I wanted all I had to do was turn it on and it figured it all out. I did run into a glitch right off the bat when the course I played had #1 mapped backwards. It thought I was standing on the green and after I hit, the yardage started increasing as I walked to the ball. It was fine for the other 8 I got in. The shot distance function is very cool but I also like the fact it's hands off if I want it to be. About the only issue I've got is I have it in the neoprene carrying case attached to my bag and the buttons are sometimes a bit hard to sometimes activate through the plastic. It's a feel thing though that I will figure out. Distances appeared accurate though there was nothing special about the course. No doglegs, water carries, bunkers etc. Battery life seemed pretty good but I will switch to rechargeable NiMh's. I also did at first think the course membership for 30.00 was a lifetime thing but apparently it is an annual subscription. Maybe I misread it somewhere. No matter.

Harold

Sep 15, 2007
Yesterday I switched the GPS on for my round and unfortunately it was DOA. I could turn it on but it refused to track and none of the buttons thereafter functioned. The only way to turn it off was to pull the batteries. After the round I did recharge and tried a non-rechargeable set but the issue was still there. The sucky thing was it was one day after the 30 day MBG so now I have to go through exchange/repair hell. Technology is great. When it works. At least it has a one year warranty which was one of the reasons I got Golflogix over some of the other models but I am disappointed it crapped out only after four weekends worth of golf.

Harold

Sep 15, 2007
Well it turns out it was software corruption and not a hardware issue. A reload of the courses seemed to fix it. We will see.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I ordered my GolfLogix on Tuesday.... just waiting now. No hurry though. Who knows when we'll get to play again here in the high plains. Seems like the snow might almost melt before the next rush of cold air comes in on Sunday. Golf just depends on the vagaries of the jet stream.

TomClark

San Jose, CA
Dec 9, 2008
My 08 Golflogix is sitting under the tree (hehe)...tried a number of different units, both laser and GPS. I really like the ease of use of the Golflogix design. I play regularly with a guy who uses a laser, and as long as you can see your target and can hold still enough, they are great. For me, the notion of clipping it to my bag and looking at it as deciding which club will be right made the decision a no-brainer...that and I got it on-line for under $240!!

TomClark

San Jose, CA
Dec 9, 2008
I have now played with the Golflogix unit twice, and I LOVE IT!!!

Very easy to use, and the ability to check length of shots is way cool...the only downside is that while you a seeing how far your drive went, you can't help anyone else with a distance...guess that way they each have to buy one!

Will be interesting to see how long battery life is. After two rounds with the AA's that came with the unit, they are about 1/2 way done. Have a set of rechargables waiting to go.

So far, well worth the investment...if you want one, go to ebay, like I did.

🔥 Latest posts