• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

golfreview.com

back and forth to and from GR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ironman

Sep 2, 2006
Many of the names I recognize from GR while back, but hardly ever see there
Those of you that have migrated and have been here for a while do you go back there to post?

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Had one look to see what people were talking about one dull day, it was full of churlish taunting so I've never been back.

The taunting here is much more intellectual ;)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I belong to one golf forum, this.

I've no reason to go anywhere else.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Didn't know Golf Review existed until I came here. Like EG said, went over there once to look around...

I do go to Golf Rewind once in a while, but it's not as active as here, and neither am I.

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
i snooped on GR for a few weeks, but never joined - because it was rubbish!

I'm here and at GolfWRX, where they get the MOST amazing scoops!! Saw pics yesterday of the new Titleist 907 drivers.... OMG... Triangle!!!!!

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I used be a big poster over in GR but I've stopped because the topics are boring or offensive. I'm a member here and at GolfWRX, which, like Dannykos said, has the quickest scoops on new clubs ever!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I was on there for a very short time and haven't been back in months. It was funny for a little while but lost interest quickly. The best guys from over there are here now anyway. I've started going over to Freegolfinfo a little bit, mainly for more non-oem and exotic club/shaft info. They seem kind of dead as far discussions like we have here.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You need an enormous ego completely devoid of even the slightest scrap of humility to hang on there long term.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I was over there for quite a while. Haven't posted in 4-5 months. I check back on occasion, and for the most part it has been worse every time I check back. They still seem to still have a few of the decent people that they had before, but it seems as though there is very little real content that interests me at this point. Until their Admin makes an effort, they will likely be unable to keep the site clean enough to maintain my interests. After several months of nothing but flaming, trolling, racially motivated garbage, and people posting for the sole sake of starting problems, it got rather old. Compounded by the fact that the Mods had no real recourse.

I think it took most of the people a while to realize that once you eliminate all of the garbage, there were really only 3-4 reasonable threads a day, and content and not quantity is what is important in keeping members interested enough to stick around. It is unlikely I will ever go back at this point unless I see the admin take an active role in the site, so that you can be assured they will not let it go in the sewer for 5 months prior to anything being done to keep the site worth visiting. In the year I posted over there, that never really happened, and most of the sensible people that moderated the site were mature enough to realize they were in a no win situation.

OP
ironman

ironman

Sep 2, 2006
I was over there for quite a while. Haven't posted in 4-5 months. I check back on occasion, and for the most part it has been worse every time I check back. They still seem to still have a few of the decent people that they had before, but it seems as though there is very little real content that interests me at this point. Until their Admin makes an effort, they will likely be unable to keep the site clean enough to maintain my interests. After several months of nothing but flaming, trolling, racially motivated garbage, and people posting for the sole sake of starting problems, it got rather old. Compounded by the fact that the Mods had no real recourse.

I think it took most of the people a while to realize that once you eliminate all of the garbage, there were really only 3-4 reasonable threads a day, and content and not quantity is what is important in keeping members interested enough to stick around. It is unlikely I will ever go back at this point unless I see the admin take an active role in the site, so that you can be assured they will not let it go in the sewer for 5 months prior to anything being done to keep the site worth visiting. In the year I posted over there, that never really happened, and most of the sensible people that moderated the site were mature enough to realize they were in a no win situation.

looks more and more like most of the informative or intresting posters have migrated here

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I was fairly active there for a while, but got over it. I teach High School & get my fill of children each day without GR.

🔥 Latest posts