• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfsmith P2 irons - very nice

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I bought a set of these heads at the last GS friends and family sale
Golfsmithcanada.com: Golfsmith P2 Iron Heads - Golfsmith
I got them for 60% off and hadnt touched since the day they arrived. I recently had them for sale in the buy and sell forum but didnt get any nibbles. Last night after a few beers I decided to shaft them up with the TT DG superlite shafts (which I also had for sale). Once together I was really impressed with how nice looking this head is. I didnt like the red on the madallion but thankfully it came off with a simple wipe of acetone. These heads are quite classic looking with minimal offset. I took them to course this morning and hit a bucket of balls with them and they felt really nice, not buttery forged nice, but easily nice enough to play. So thats what I did, I played them. Shot a +1 73 today and was really impressed with these.
I like the look of them at address far better than my tad moores, but they dont feel as soft when hit well. I also like how much lighter my bag was with the superlite shafts. With the SL's and the burner my bag is a hell of a lot easier to carry thats for sure.
So anyone looking for a good combo be sure to check these out. Not mine however, as I have decided to keep them.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
sounds good...please post pictures of them without the red medalion

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Glad to hear a much better player than me (Lyle) give the P2's some love.

Mine are now my gamers and I can't see anything knocking them out of the bag for quite a while. I agree with everything Lyle said -- they look really nice and are a nice comprimise between "player's irons" and "game improvement" irons, especially if you like a more classic blade look. They are reasonably forgiving, not much offset and you can work them. For cast cavity backs they feel very nice.

Unlike Lyle, I kind of like the Golfsmith medallion the way it is... but that's just personal preference.

I matched mine up with TT Dynalite Gold shafts and the combo is working great for me. Darn nice clubs for the money and capable of scoring very well in the right hands.

:thumbs up:

Members online

No members online now.