• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfsmith P2 Irons

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I recently jumped in on the GS sale and bought a small set of P2 irons. I must say that they are actually very nice. They look great, feel great, and REALLY eat balls (they shred them cuz of the sharp teeth).

I actually made it to the range today, the weather in Northern Illinois has been horrible with the exception of the last 2 days. I was beautiful today so I thought it was a great day to take a few swings before the snow hits AGAIN tomorrow.

They really have a great feel to them. I put some cheap TT shafts in them. Will probably upgrade since I like the way they feel. I think I even converted a fellow ranger to looking at them. He asked me if they were a Christmas gift. I said no, I am a ho!

Not bad for a sub $100 set.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I recently jumped in on the GS sale and bought a small set of P2 irons. I must say that they are actually very nice. They look great, feel great, and REALLY eat balls (they shred them cuz of the sharp teeth).

I actually made it to the range today, the weather in Northern Illinois has been horrible with the exception of the last 2 days. I was beautiful today so I thought it was a great day to take a few swings before the snow hits AGAIN tomorrow.

They really have a great feel to them. I put some cheap TT shafts in them. Will probably upgrade since I like the way they feel. I think I even converted a fellow ranger to looking at them. He asked me if they were a Christmas gift. I said no, I am a ho!

Not bad for a sub $100 set.

I told ya you'd like 'em :D

I still haven't gotten mine. UPS lost 'em. :(

Reposted from member's forum... :laugh:

(Sorry about your clubs man)

7476d1206921973-motivational-poster-envy-ups-shaft.jpg

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Best of luck with the new clubs spartyon8, I hope you get yours soon King Par. They are probably wherever my KE4 heads and shafts are, :confused:

Hopefully we will both get them tomorrow, I need to get mine built, let them set and hit a few balls before this weekends tournament. Luckily I still have my old ones so if I can't get them ready I'll still have a 3 wood and a hybrid.

OP
spartyon8

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Well, they are taking a bit to get used to but the have a really nice feel. A little shiny at address but not to bad. I have only been to the range but the range will be needing new balls. These grooves are sharp!

I don't know if it's the -1/2 in length or the long break from winter but my swing is a little funky. Hope to get that fixed on a course with the 60* weekend we are supposed to have here.

OP
spartyon8

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Wow these puppies are pretty nice. I still need to play with them more but I did not shank 1 ball. They cut through the ground really well, I tend to strike down and make a nice divot with every shot. Grooves are amazing. I got a 9 iron to back up from 130 on saturday. Granted it is pretty wet up here with the thaw but I rarely back a ball up. I got my wedges to start checking too which is something I struggled with last year.
They might be my players this year!

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
I hate to dig up an Old thread, but Golfsmith has these on clearance for $6.94 per head. I play 'em and love 'em! Any of you guys still playing yours?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I hate to dig up an Old thread, but Golfsmith has these on clearance for $6.94 per head. I play 'em and love 'em! Any of you guys still playing yours?
I got a 6i i just built waiting to hit it...

Its definatly a good lookin iron...hopefully i hit it well and can save some money while they are on clearance

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I played mine until the end of last year. I don't think I'll keep playing them, I need to go forged. I want to get fit for a set this year and I think my lie angles are going to be too much to adjust a cast head.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The P2 can be bent 10* in any direction. No club made is more bendable. They are also everybit as soft feeling as a forged iron.

OP
spartyon8

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
These are great feeling irons. I love mine and might buy a set of heads as a replacement if equipment isn't ever changing.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

At 6.94/head that is a steal. I had a set and ended up selling them, they felt and looked great but were just a bit to light for my taste. If I had it to do over again I would try different shafts and maybe different weighting, but still superb heads.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
The P2 can be bent 10* in any direction. No club made is more bendable.

Wow, I didn't know that. How do they do that?

I have two P2s, a 3 iron and a gap wedge. I'm not getting more, but I do like them. Easier to hit straight than work. You cannot even approach their good looks for the price.

Members online