• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfsmith P2 Irons

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
Lyle's Right On here and they look better stripped!

ai169.photobucket.com_albums_u230_LBlack14_IMG_0078Medium.jpg

ai169.photobucket.com_albums_u230_LBlack14_IMG_0060Medium.jpg

OP
spartyon8

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I like the red/black lettering. The stripped is too "bling" for me. Great club none the less.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
The P2 can be bent 10* in any direction. No club made is more bendable. They are also everybit as soft feeling as a forged iron.

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't remember where I read it but some guy said they couldn't be bent more than 2* without cracking, but I'm guessing you probably know more than him.

I have no problems with them whatsoever. I love the feel, the look, everything.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
I like the red/black lettering. The stripped is too "bling" for me. Great club none the less.

I'm gonna blacken some when it warms up. I've got another set of used heads. Like a BO finish with that silver medallion in the cavity....:thumbs up:

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Has anyone had a chance to hit the newer model that came out? They don't look as good, but if they play better I'll probably get those instead.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
According to the new catalogue they went from being "Moderate" on forgiveness to "Minimal". Don't quite understand that line of thinking on GS's part.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
From the horse mouth (golfsmith's Canadian website)

"Like the original P2, this new design incorporates a highly ductile stainless steel material called 431-TTL, which allows you to adjust hosels 10° in any direction without damage to the clubhead. This makes the P2 irons an outstanding option for custom fitting those hard-to-fit specs."

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
Anybody still have these? At least, maybe, have a 6 iron/head laying around collecting dust?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Holy old thread Batman. I had a set of these, they looked and felt great. Don’t remember much about forgiveness, like most club ho’s I sold them and moved on.

🔥 Latest posts