• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfworks wedge heads

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Jim,

I put a set (54/58) of the Tricepts in the bag a last month. I went with a red 54 and a green 58 and stuck the FST Hi Rev shaft in them. The heads are nice and solid. Spin's a little low for me, but I'm not sure if that's the head or the shaft. I can get most wedges to one hop and stop, but these have a little run in them. Overall I really like the tricepts, just wished I could spin them a little more. Nice feel, nice weight, nice shape.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have the M-series but not the black ION plated version, just the chrome head

I haven't played lots of wedges, however, i really like them. Especially for $20/club.

Feel of the clubs are fantastic, full shots spin just as much as any other club, short shots, well, i play cheap balls so i have no clue. I have never been able to one hop stop it anyway though...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jim,

I put a set (54/58) of the Tricepts in the bag a last month. I went with a red 54 and a green 58 and stuck the FST Hi Rev shaft in them. The heads are nice and solid. Spin's a little low for me, but I'm not sure if that's the head or the shaft. I can get most wedges to one hop and stop, but these have a little run in them. Overall I really like the tricepts, just wished I could spin them a little more. Nice feel, nice weight, nice shape.

I was/am seriously considering the Tricepts, good to know about the spin too. I have tried the Hi Rev shaft and did not really like it, I don't know why it just didn't seem to have the feel I was looking for. Whatever head I buy I think I am going to put an FST 125 into it, so we shall see.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Jim, I've got the oil soaked in play as we speak. I've been very happy with them. I'm not a high spin player in anyway what-so-ever so i was very surprised when my first chip checked up for me and my first 60 yard shot spun back about 15 feet.

For $15 a head these things are a bargain and feel very solid, fairly soft off the face. The only two things with these are
a) the are a little more offset than my vokeys are and has taken a little while to get used to (about 10 rounds or so) &
b) these things rust pretty damn quickly. Yes it doesn't help that I left the heads wet in my bag for about a fortnight but these were nearly orange when I pulled em out. I'll get some address pics and shots of rust if you like. Just say the word.
Cheers mate

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jim, I've got the oil soaked in play as we speak. I've been very happy with them. I'm not a high spin player in anyway what-so-ever so i was very surprised when my first chip checked up for me and my first 60 yard shot spun back about 15 feet.

For $15 a head these things are a bargain and feel very solid, fairly soft off the face. The only two things with these are
a) the are a little more offset than my vokeys are and has taken a little while to get used to (about 10 rounds or so) &
b) these things rust pretty damn quickly. Yes it doesn't help that I left the heads wet in my bag for about a fortnight but these were nearly orange when I pulled em out. I'll get some address pics and shots of rust if you like. Just say the word.
Cheers mate

Yeah, I would appreciate that. Those were the other heads I was seriously looking at, the oil soaked. Was thinking of a 52* and 56*.

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Yeah, I would appreciate that. Those were the other heads I was seriously looking at, the oil soaked. Was thinking of a 52* and 56*.

No probs, will do. Don't particularly feel like doing it right now, seeing as it's 2:53am here, but when I get up in the morning I'll do it for ya. :thumbs up:

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
No probs, will do. Don't particularly feel like doing it right now, seeing as it's 2:53am here, but when I get up in the morning I'll do it for ya. :thumbs up:

Great thanks!

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
I was/am seriously considering the Tricepts, good to know about the spin too. I have tried the Hi Rev shaft and did not really like it, I don't know why it just didn't seem to have the feel I was looking for. Whatever head I buy I think I am going to put an FST 125 into it, so we shall see.

If you get the Tricepts make sure you get the 2009 model versus the even less spining 2010 model. But like I said, could be the shaft, but I don't know.....I've recently turned into a wedge ho, just got the tricept and this morning I bought a used set of Adams Puglielli wedges and then some project x shafts to try out in them.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Just dont try and bend the CER oil soaked wedges. I have never broken a head while bending except for 3 of these. They snap almost instantly. The M-series are their best wedges imo.

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Here ya go Jim, best pics I could get with my older camera. Ive had these in play for about 4 months I think, and they've probably had 8 rounds or so in that time. Like I said, I accidently left them in my bag wet, so the rust is a little extreme and should come off pretty easy, just havent got round to it. These are my 56* and 60* compared to my Spin Milled 60*...

IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1254.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1254.jpg

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Great! Thanks for the pics! Those must get some mad spin with the amount of rust that is on there!!

PS- I'm sending you a PM shortly!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Don't get 'em Jim.. Apparently they made them backwards!!! Look at Leftys clubs!!

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
Rust has no affect on spin, but on another note, the Oilsoaked are some fine wedges and I had them for a while and kept them dry and clean and they never rusted. Can't beat the price. They are a shade smaller than most wedge heads tho' so...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Rust has no affect on spin, but on another note, the Oilsoaked are some fine wedges and I had them for a while and kept them dry and clean and they never rusted. Can't beat the price. They are a shade smaller than most wedge heads tho' so...

I thought when a clubhead rusted it added a bit of "grab" to the face?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.