• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GolfWorld Article on "no weight shift"

[email protected]

May 7, 2007
Plummer and Bennett

The latest Golf Digest has a big instructional piece. I was skeptical (taking lessons as I was where the guy at GolfTec was pushing me to get more on my right side during the backswing. But based on 45 minutes on the range last night, this swing works for me, feels far more natural, hits the ball further, and creates less (not more as many claim) back strain.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I'm going to bump this because I just got the Golf Digest with this article, and I'd love to see what you all think now that you can see what their talking about.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The latest Golf Digest has a big instructional piece. I was skeptical (taking lessons as I was where the guy at GolfTec was pushing me to get more on my right side during the backswing. But based on 45 minutes on the range last night, this swing works for me, feels far more natural, hits the ball further, and creates less (not more as many claim) back strain.

Which swing? You speak of two.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I believe he is speaking of the Plummer "people think it is a reverse pivot but it isn't" method.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
There was a very subjective article written on it on either another forum or website, it is something that agian will work for some people and like Jason Gore it did not work for him, it is an interesting concept and the two guys involved have not only spent time with Mr O Grady but have also spent extensive time themselves on the theory of what they are teaching, i personally do not feel it is for me, but as i always say there is more than one way to teach the golf swing, if this wasnt the case it would be very boring.
GolfDigest.com - Stack & Tilt: Try it for yourself
here is the article not in its entirety as there is pictures to illustrate their findings, i await my copy of golf digest in the uk with anticipation to see the pic's.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Here's the entire article with the how's and why's:

GolfDigest.com - The New Tour Swing

I like it. I was just hitting a wiffle ball around and once you find your "bottom" of your swing, contact seems pretty solid. This has to be MUCH easier than the "conventional" swing as so many already reverse pivot and stand up through impact. Doing these moves "correctly" shouldn't be all that tough.

Plus, any teaching that advocates the ASSCLENCH just GOTS to be correct! :laugh:

where the butt muscles push the hips upward and toward the target.

Also, in keeping with my Knudson swing:

The club releases without any conscious hand or arm action.

The old Hogan "free ride".

It should be an interesting 9 holes and driving range session tomorrow.

🔥 Latest posts