• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfworld: Charlie Rymer's 'Very Scary' Bout With COVID-19

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

JOHN FEINSTEIN WROTE A GOLFWORLD STORY about former Golf Channel analyst Charlie Rymer and his recent illness with COVID-19 that put him in the hospital.

In June Rymer traveled to Chattanooga to do promotional work for a new golf course. Two days earlier he was at Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina. Rymer, 52, took precautions.
"I was very careful both places," he said. "Did the social distancing, wore a mask most of the time. I followed all the protocols. But I felt bad enough driving home that I pulled off the Interstate to a Walgreens to get some meds and buy a thermometer. I had a low-grade fever, but my first thought was I just had a bad cold or I was exhausted."​
Things quickly went downhill, and with the urging of his wife, a nurse, Rymer headed to the hospital. He spent five days there.
"I'd be lying if I said there weren't nights where I lay there alone in the dark thinking some pretty depressing thoughts," he said. "I mean, I'm 52, and even though I've always been, let's say, a big guy, I've always been healthy. I'd never faced anything like this before.
"I knew all the statistics. I knew that only 1.5 percent of people who contract the disease die. That sounds like pretty good odds until you're lying in a hospital bed all by yourself and you wonder if you're ever going to go home again. I was absolutely scared. There were a couple of times when I thought it might be time to call the boys and get them to come home."​
Rymer is home, 20 pounds lighter and still weak, but very thankful.
I’ve battled COVID-19 for the last 10 days. It’s been scary. Very scary. Thanks to the heroes @tidelandshealth for putting your health at risk to treat patients like me. Because of you I’m headed home today to be with my family. May God bless you!
— charlie (@CharlieRymerPGA) June 30, 2020

Source: Golfworld: Charlie Rymer's 'Very Scary' Bout With COVID-19

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.