• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gonna build me a 4-iron

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have a gap in my yardage that I can't find a club to work. I've tried hybrids and irons. My AP1 set did not come with a 4-iron so I found some cheap super forgiving components. Here's the stuff to make it. If it doesn't work I'm not out much. I fixed a broken shaft on one of sssmokin's irons and it turned out great. I've read up on the shaft info on how to make it regular flex etc etc. Wish me luck. I'll post a pic when I get the stuff and put it together.

Acer XV HT Iron - Clubhead - Hireko Custom Golf Clubs and Components

Apollo Acculite 95 Steel Iron Golf Shafts - Hireko Custom Golf Clubs and Components

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4 Standard Golf Grips - Hireko Custom Golf Clubs and Components

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Me too. It was about 1975, and the woods were wood with steel shafts. I hit big slices with all of them, I could hit the irons straight.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Me too. It was about 1975, and the woods were wood with steel shafts. I hit big slices with all of them, I could hit the irons straight.
Those woods were a nightmare to hit. The first driver I ever had that I could really hit were the old Yonex ADX 100 or 200 graphite headed 250 cc clubs. Those were far better then the first TaylorMade Burners.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
So here's the 4-iron done. Comments?

20190628_151351.jpg
20190628_151526.jpg