• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good afternoon gentlemen!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What's going on here? Got a PM from DaveIreland that you were giving sets of clubs away on this forum along with $$$. Is this what was being kicked around a few weeks ago? I assume that it is ultra exclusive, with no riff raff

I look forward to receiving all freebies presently. In the meantime you'll have to make do with some rants and raves from your truly.

It's the Club Championship this weekend. 36 holes over 13,600 yards, right off the Blues!!. I've been playing well and I'm trying to maintain some some form going into this. I have no real expectation of winning (I'm up against a lot of scratch playas) but I'd really like to give a good account of myself. I even went to the practice fairway last night for 45 mins and the putting green for 30 mins!!! Here's my swing thoughts at present:

Tall set-up with an water-tight arse clench - working well - finding it hard sometimes to keep upper body and arms relaxed
Slow smooth takeaway avoiding taking it inside
Keep head still throughout

Any more than that is too much for my small brain. Outside the technical aspects of the swing I'd welcome a few pointers on concentration and to relax between shots. Also perhaps some swing thoughts before chipping and putting.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Welcome ma friend, can't be too exclusive a club if you and I were invited. yer missus must be giving ya some leeway for ya to be out practicing in addition to the 36 hole tourney.

Wanna get yer name down for one of those headbands we seen on the other site ? I think if we get 3 dozen boxes we could cover the place with them

I've no ideas on swing processes, but I do try that smooth takeaway to alleviate the swinging draw (who said hook?.....)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oh, you guys just missed it.

There was a contest to see who could invite the most golfers that use the word "arse" to the board. First prize was a set of Hogan Blades and $500USD. :D

I'm only kidding. Welcome aboard!

R35

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Welcome m8!

Maybe you can sing or listen to a song, a rhytmic one all the better. It can help ya on tempo, unless it's "Pump up the Volume" or "I got the Power". :cool:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Loop said:
Welcome m8!

Maybe you can sing or listen to a song, a rhytmic one all the better. It can help ya on tempo, unless it's "Pump up the Volume" or "I got the Power". :cool:

"Pump up the volume". MARRS. Where did they go, hey? :rolleyes:

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Welcome Irish!

Seeing as how this is an "internet" forum, I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before the riff raff shows up. ;)

I'll be sure to let you know about the next free giveaway.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Irish:

Thanks for coming aboard.

Fellow Ass Clenchers Unite!!!

I still think we need to patent and franchise this worldwide.

It works for me - but as with anything in golf - it only takes me 223 rounds to completely internalize it.

Welcome aboard here....my Irish wife Parnell sends her regards....

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Hey IG. Good to see you are here. Shall we start with "Danny Boy", or "Irish Eyes"? I'm voting for the "Scotsman's Kilt". That is only the 1st segment of Irish Steriotypes, right here at Shotalk. More to come. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.