• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good article in Golf World by John Feinstein

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It's no secret o this board that my favorite golf mag is Golf World. The main reason is simple, no instruction. Just info from the golf world on the tours, equipment and courses. Each week one of their senior writers has a column at the end of the mag, much like Feherty's in Golf Magazine. I look forward to this article each week because most times they are insightful and have good info. This past weeks was no different. It was by John Feinstein who has long been one of the top writers in the golf industry. He has written books like Tales from Q School: Inside Golf's Fifth Major, Caddy for life: The Bruce Edwards Story and A Good Walk Spoiled.

Anyway he wrote a good article this past week that I thought was worth sharing. It's a good summation of the Tiger saga and sums up what I think all of us think about Tiger. Like him or not he is one of the if not the best golfer of all time. He is not, however, the best person of all time. Anyway a good article!!

Feinstein: Change not likely part of 'new' Tiger Woods: Golf Digest

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I agree with you 100% Jim (love GolfWorld as well), and I think the last paragraph of Feinstein's article is almost 100% correct: he's still not the greatest golfer to ever live...not yet...but the rest of it is spot on.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
That article sums it up pretty well. Tiger's not my hero. He's not an idol. Who cares if it's him or the guy down the street who cheats on his wife. That's his demon to deal with. Just shut up and golf.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I agree with you 100% Jim (love GolfWorld as well), and I think the last paragraph of Feinstein's article is almost 100% correct: he's still not the greatest golfer to ever live...not yet...but the rest of it is spot on.

I would agree, until he wins # 19 he isn't the best ever. If he gets to 18 and stops then there will be a huge debate.

It's almost like between the lines of his writing Feinstein was saying "Ok, he's good. But let's be honest, he's no Arnie or Jack." I could be way off base with that but that's what I thought when reading it.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I would agree, until he wins # 19 he isn't the best ever. If he gets to 18 and stops then there will be a huge debate.

It's almost like between the lines of his writing Feinstein was saying "Ok, he's good. But let's be honest, he's no Arnie or Jack." I could be way off base with that but that's what I thought when reading it.

I think more and more of the writers and commentators are losing a bit of their love and adulation for Tiger. It seems to me we are starting to hear more crticism and less he can walk on water. IMHO its about time. I've never denied the fact he is a great golfer, but come on, he is just a man, and a rather flawed one at that.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Feinstein is a hell of a golf writer. In addition to the books you mentioned, The Open, the story of the revival of Bethpage Black, was fantastic.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Feinstein is a hell of a golf writer. In addition to the books you mentioned, The Open, the story of the revival of Bethpage Black, was fantastic.

Good point! I actually looked him up on Wikipedia and he has written more books than I realized and not all about golf. I do enjoy his writing, and James Dodson's as well!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.