• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good Deals on Balls - Advice

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I tried some Bridgestones today, hated them. They compress way too much on my drivers clubface.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I got a box of the Slazenger Money balls to play last winter and was amazed how nicely the played. Felt nicer than the Noodles I'd been playing with before then, and even slightly better than the Titleist NXTs I had. If you can get over the gimmicky logo on them, they're well worth a try.

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
Cybr,

I am apparently one of a very small group who has anything [good or otherwise] to say about the Maxfli Rev Solids, but I've used 4 dozen in the last year or so, and they're pretty decent! At times, I've believed they are as long as any ball on the market, and I've also shot some good scores with them, so apparently the accuracy isn't bad, either. I am an average to short hitter with 230-yard drives, so I tend to put length ahead of accuracy as a criterion. But at the same time, my good rounds are close to par (72-75), so if I've had good rounds with the Solids, they fly straight, go high, and are decently controllable. Since they're as cheap as anything and also hold up well, what the hey? -- JC

soSoJeffCC

Sep 8, 2006
Maxfli Revolution Tours are still 15.99 (orig. 39.99) at some places. I just bought 4 dozens at the local Sports Authority.

big mike

Aug 20, 2006
I got a box of the Slazenger Money balls to play last winter and was amazed how nicely the played. Felt nicer than the Noodles I'd been playing with before then, and even slightly better than the Titleist NXTs I had. If you can get over the gimmicky logo on them, they're well worth a try.

Those are on clearance right now at Academy, 7 bucks a box.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Maxfli Revolution Tours are still 15.99 (orig. 39.99) at some places. I just bought 4 dozens at the local Sports Authority.
When did you buy them? They had them at Sports Authority for $12 a couple months ago, I went back 3 weeks ago and they were up to $30. Did they go back on sale? I may have to make another trip, I love that ball.

FYI, for those who mentioned, I picked up the Noodles at Target for my wife, on sale for $15 for 15 today. It seemed cheaper than I have seen for a while.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I got some Strata Tours today, 2 dollars a sleeve. Now I have 6 new sleeves of balls, :)

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
I play ProV1 or B330 S. I got 4 dozen of each about 4 months ago on Ebay and still have a lot left. I usually throw them away more than I lose them.

Members online

No members online now.