• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good Food Find.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
You never know where you'll get a good tip about food. This morning my wife had to take her computer in to be looked at, (I think the hard drive is about to eat it). The guy who's gonna do the work happens to be from New York and since my wife's from up North herself the conversation turns to pizza and wings.

Anyway, he starts telling my wife about the bar in Buffalo that invented buffalo wings and that you can buy their sauce online. I did a quick google and sure enough The Anchor Bar has a website and they sell a gallon of their sauce for $19.99. I'mma gonna be in wing heaven in about 5 days.

For all you other wingaholics here's the link.

http://www.anchorbar.com/

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet. I love wings.

Dave, what's a "gallon"? :canadafla

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Sweet. I love wings.

Dave, what's a "gallon"? :canadafla

R35

Geez, I told you. It's $19.99 :biglol:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well, I like wings.

Next time i'm in the states, i'm ordering a galleon of wings.

Roger that. :p

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Now dammit Dave...you have ME thinking about wings.

I think tonight is a good night to hit Bob Baumhower's Wings Sports Grille...

25oz draft beers only $1.99 til 6:30...

http://www.wingssportsgrille.com/index.htm

If you get a gallon of the Buffalo sauce...lemme know how it comes out...I may rustle up a few of these myself.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
Now dammit Dave...you have ME thinking about wings.

I think tonight is a good night to hit Bob Baumhower's Wings Sports Grille...

25oz draft beers only $1.99 til 6:30...

http://www.wingssportsgrille.com/index.htm

If you get a gallon of the Buffalo sauce...lemme know how it comes out...I may rustle up a few of these myself.

I'll be able to let you know on Monday. My wife went to the store and found it at our local grocery. This must be some popular sauce. I'll be trying it sometime over the weekend so I'll let you know.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I've officially found the best wing sauce in the world. OK, maybe not the world, but the best I've tasted. And we didn't have to order it since they stock it at our local store.

We got the original but I could've gone for the extra hot. Marriage is all about compromise and the extra hot would've set my wife's head on fire. It's not too greasy and it has great flavor as opposed to just being heat.

I'm gonna have to run a few extra miles cause this is not diet food and I'm thinking about these being a weekly thing.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
DaveE said:
I've officially found the best wing sauce in the world. OK, maybe not the world, but the best I've tasted. And we didn't have to order it since they stock it at our local store.

We got the original but I could've gone for the extra hot. Marriage is all about compromise and the extra hot would've set my wife's head on fire. It's not too greasy and it has great flavor as opposed to just being heat.

I'm gonna have to run a few extra miles cause this is not diet food and I'm thinking about these being a weekly thing.

How do you prepare them? Are the wings dipped in the batter/sauce and then fried? Do you use a skillet or a fryer?

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
How do you prepare them? Are the wings dipped in the batter/sauce and then fried? Do you use a skillet or a fryer?

We use a deep fryer. Don't use batter, that makes them greasy tasting. Just thaw and fry until brown and crispy, about 10 minutes, then dip them in the sauce to coat. If were making a large batch I keep them warm in the oven at 225 until they're all cooked and dip them in sauce last.

It's a very easy meal to make which is the danger for me. I could eat them every day but I'd look like John Daly. Not the swing, the belly.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
DaveE said:
We use a deep fryer. Don't use batter, that makes them greasy tasting. Just thaw and fry until brown and crispy, about 10 minutes, then dip them in the sauce to coat. If were making a large batch I keep them warm in the oven at 225 until they're all cooked and dip them in sauce last.

It's a very easy meal to make which is the danger for me. I could eat them every day but I'd look like John Daly. Not the swing, the belly.

Sounds good. I don't have a deep fryer but I think I am going to get one. We rarely fry but I don't think it is going to kill you if you use it occasionally. And your recipe looks pretty darn easy...

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
Sounds good. I don't have a deep fryer but I think I am going to get one. We rarely fry but I don't think it is going to kill you if you use it occasionally. And your recipe looks pretty darn easy...

If you're going to get one, get one of the larger models like this. It's pretty frustrating cooking wings 6 at a time is fry daddy. I know it's not really healthy but we use canola oil to rationalize it.

My grandmoter lived to be 97 and her favorite things in life were pork fat, butter and malt liquor. Everything in moderation I guess, I don't think she ever weighed more than about a 100lbs.

And yes, it's very easy. Even Rockford could do it. :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
DaveE said:
If you're going to get one, get one of the larger models like this. It's pretty frustrating cooking wings 6 at a time is fry daddy. I know it's not really healthy but we use canola oil to rationalize it.

My grandmoter lived to be 97 and her favorite things in life were pork fat, butter and malt liquor. Everything in moderation I guess, I don't think she ever weighed more than about a 100lbs.

And yes, it's very easy. Even Rockford could do it. :D

In July, we went to my sister-in-law's house in Nashville and they had some fried catfish that was awesome. Very lightly fried and non-greasy...We need to get one of these.

Members online