• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good God Buddha - Get out of there...

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
You're not kidding, dude. Everyone's taking this one more seriously than Charley and Frances. There's been a huge run on plywood. Gas, water, food, batteries, and plywood are pretty scarce. This is only my second summer down here so I didn't know what to expect...geeeeesh. :eek:

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Ya know - its weird.

I have lived here all my life and while we are not on the coast, all these hurricanes are tracked closely on local weather bc - if one Does hit the upper Gulf coast and come through here as a tropical storm - we can have some pretty good damage.

So I have been used to hearing hurricane forecasts for 30 years.

I have never seen anything like this. It is just incredible to have three direct hits in one month...

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Ivan seems to have taken a turn west. How far off the coast are you? 'Bama doesn't look too safe.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
buddha33 said:
Ivan seems to have taken a turn west. How far off the coast are you? 'Bama doesn't look too safe.

I am 200 miles from the coast. If it hits right immediately south of here and moves due north - we'll have 60-70 mph wind and a bunch of rain...

Opal hit Pensacola in 1995 and came due North. We lost power for 5 days.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What's a hurricane? :rolleyes:

It's definitely something i don't have to worry about, ever.

Come to think of it, we don't worry about much around here when it comes to natural disasters.

Any of you guys wanna move in? I'll introduce you to the girl at the clubhouse.....

Bring your wives/GF's. That'll give mine someone to entertain while we go golfing! :D

R35

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
I am 200 miles from the coast. If it hits right immediately south of here and moves due north - we'll have 60-70 mph wind and a bunch of rain...

Opal hit Pensacola in 1995 and came due North. We lost power for 5 days.

Damn, dude. I hope it doesn't come to that this time. It sure seems like it's headed that way. Keep us posted.

Members online

No members online now.