• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

good golf present

T

tenorcharm

just wondering if there is a good golf gift I can give my father. He plays golf regularly. Price range 100-500 dollars

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
That's quite a range.......I'll tell you what to do.

Get him a gift card to the local golf shop, unless you know exactly what he wants I wouldn't risk it.......Of course you have to use your judgement,,,,I built my father a set of irons from Dynacraft for christmas and they were within the range you specified, so that could be an option if you think his current set stinks.

The gift card is the safest, that way he gets to pick whatever he wants.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Nice, Sling.

I have another possibility. Find out a nearby course that he wants to play, and buy him a round. Then, make a day of it. Pick him up, ride with him in the cart (don't drive unless he asks you to) and spend the round catching up. Buy him a beer or two and dinner after. I'll bet he remembers that day for a good long time.

If you guys don't get along, then buy him the biggest, baddest nonconforming driver you can find. Call up his playing partners on the sly (the one(s) he bets with) and let them know it doesn't conform. He'll remember THAT day for a good long time too.

:D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet. That's a great range.

Excellent suggestions so far too.

I'd combine the two ad go with your pops down to a proper fitting. Get a new driver or a set of woods for him, properly done up and to his specs. The fact that you're buying, showing great interest in his game as well as just spending the time with him on this quest will be worth it's weight in gold.

Then make him buy lunch. ;)

R35

Members online

No members online now.