• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good internet radio?

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
During the long days of studying, my mp3 player can get boring, so I like to throw on some new internet radio every now and then.

About the only really good quality one with good selection that I know of right now is Digitally Imported (www.digitallyimported.com), but it's mostly trance/electronic/house kinda music. I wouldn't mind some more mainstream music or somewhere that plays more indy/emo/less popular but cool stuff.

Recommendations?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I don't have any recommendations per se but I do listen to some classic rock stations when I'm drawing a blueprint.

It helps me concentrate.

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
well, on DI, I tend to prefer the stations in this order when studying:

Deep House > Chillout > Lounge > Vocal Trance/Trance > Progressive (and the rest I don't really listen to because it's kinda freaky, much less for studying).

I'm also really fickle when listening to music and like to switch stations a lot. That's one of the things I like about DI...they have 24k AAC+ streams, so it doesn't have to buffer much or anything, and the quality is hot, considering.

I just want to find something like DI for more mainstream music as well, I guess.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 I listen to remanissradio.net when I want something more potent or happyhardcore.com when I really need to work fast but radio 2 is a good mix of music and the presenters keep me entertained throughout the day unlike the morons you get on most commercial stations with IQ's so low they would have difficulty spelling "IQ"!

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
actually RBB, for some reason, I never thought of that...I'll have to go take a look later

thanks man

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Silver said:
During the long days of studying, my mp3 player can get boring, so I like to throw on some new internet radio every now and then.

About the only really good quality one with good selection that I know of right now is Digitally Imported (www.digitallyimported.com), but it's mostly trance/electronic/house kinda music. I wouldn't mind some more mainstream music or somewhere that plays more indy/emo/less popular but cool stuff.

Recommendations?

I've got something even better for you to try.

http://www.pandora.com/

Check it out, you'll be able to build your own radio station.

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
holy crap, this is fantastic.

I love the internet!

Thanks RBB! It goes well with my Dark and Stormy (see the Booze thread)!

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
It's even got a way to keep track of the songs you like as they play. If you click on the album cover picture, you can then click on Add to Your Favorites page.

It's nearly great enough to make me not want to leave my broadband connection here at work.

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Yeah, I had it playing almost since I saw your post yesterday.

This is really going to change the way I listen to music, for now at least.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
BTW Silver...I have heard numerous references to Canadian listeners on XM satellite radio in the past few days. While virtually all of the channels are both talk and commercial free - the 60's channel has disc jockeys/presentors and he has talked quite a bit about the new Canadian audience in the past week or so...

Oh yeah, the Roady 2 XM radios are free now - after rebate. And since there is no long term subscriber Agreement, XM pretty cheap to try...the monthly cost in the U.S. is $13 and it is likely similar north of the border...so you could get the radio free after the rebate and listen for a couple of months. If you don't like it - throw it away.

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Yeah B, I just heard an ad for it the other day. They're fully functional here now. I think it's $12.99 CAD/month although I havent' seen what the radios are going for. I know the RoadyXT has a $30 rebate on it though. Looks like it's about $90 after rebates, right now. Definitely a good start.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Silver said:
Yeah B, I just heard an ad for it the other day. They're fully functional here now. I think it's $12.99 CAD/month although I havent' seen what the radios are going for. I know the RoadyXT has a $30 rebate on it though. Looks like it's about $90 after rebates, right now. Definitely a good start.

The XT is a better unit if you are going to go ahead. I love my Roady 2 but the XT is the next generation of a very good product and I'll bet they add Vancouver weather and traffic reports to the list of major U.S. cities that get this information too...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.