• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good News / Bad News

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Good News : I had my third round of the whole year and hit 10 out of 14 fairways from the tee (good distance too) and 13 out of 18 G.I.R. :)

Bad News : Still ended up +11. :(

I had two bad holes that I double bogeyed, but the rest was just the most depressing putting you've ever seen, not even remotely close on some. Line and length was all wrong. I only had a single one putt on the last for birdie so at least I ended on a high.

I think on reflection I'd much rather hit the ball well and putt badly than the other way around, but still it's annoying. Grrrr!

kevin markham

Irish golfer
Sep 1, 2009
41 putts has to hurt. I play off 7, and your driving & GIR stats were perfect for me, but even as a bad putter I'm hoping for the high 20s.

Then again I'm playing once or twice a week. If it's your 3rd round of the year, don't be disheartened. Three tips for you: SSS. Soft hands, Slow rhythm, Steady head

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I'm actually putting myself under a bit of pressure now because I've been invited to play the best course around for some miles (it's the one where all the rich Manchester United footballers play) next week. I will be quite happy striking the ball like I did, but if I putt like that one much faster greens then i'm in big trouble!

🔥 Latest posts