• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good News, Bad News

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the replies guys. I was guessing 8 shot for a 12 gauge but I hadn't thought about the other gauges.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I never would have thought people actually spend time hunting dove. Where do you do this? I have at least a dozen at my bird feeder daily but whenever I am in the woods I rarely see a dove.

Also had no idea they taste good either, learned something new!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Wisconsin just passed a dove hunting season like six years ago and the DNR manages fields of sunflowers specifically for dove hunting.

I started the first year, almost nobody else out there, now, there's so many people its getting stupid.

Word got out about how good dove is i guess.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Went out to my parents house in Sunday. It sounded like world war 3 at dusk. Had a lot of friends that limited in 15 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening. Bunch or Rednecks, Basques and Mexicans in the Central Valley that love bird hunting.

Last edited:

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
What's the best gun caliber for dove shooting?
I like this.

adata3.primeportal.net_tanks_dod_m1_abrams_images_m1_abrams_20_of_20.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Nothing but bad news, this week....

Monday morning, flat tire.
Tuesday, main pump station on our project fried all three pump drives. Have you ever seen approximately 1,100 gallons per minute of raw sewage building up below you and you have no way to get rid of it?? Tanker trucks mobilized and station back on line by early evening.
Wednesday, home in evening and phone begins to alarm that the same pump station is seeing high poop levels. Drop everything and head there. Something tripped breakers and got station back on line by 10 p.m.
Today... No contractor working tomorrow so headed home for a 3-day weekend. New tires scheduled to be installed on truck early tomorrow morning. Dishwasher just quit! 12 years old. As soon as I get the tires installed, will need to find and install a new dishwasher.
Feeling sorry for ourselves when our daughter calls. They've got sewage backing up in their basement. They're calling a plumber and will probably pay evening rates to get their service line cleaned.

Half scared to leave my recliner this evening...........

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Good news: While in SF, I found a four-leafed clover.

Bad news: It didn't help me win Powerball. :mad:

Attachments

• 4-leaf clover.jpg
    4-leaf clover.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 121

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Damn limp that sure is a bad string of luck. Upside is usually when you get that deep in the stink (see what I did there) you usually have alot of good coming soon to even it out

Hey, we talk and laugh about it... but seldom complain. I don't care how many appliances quit or tires that go flat, we are still so blessed. The families of those slaughtered in D.C. this week... Our military being shot at and stepping on IED's... Those working trauma units trying to save lives of people doing stupid things.... I could sit here most of the afternoon naming folks I wouldn't ever want to trade places with. It's just funny how those "speedbumps" can line up and hit all at once. Today, I woke up. The speedbumps are behind us as I type this. Will there be more down the road? Of course.

I mean, you could be a Philadelphia Eagles fan today. Go Chiefs!!!!!:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hey, we talk and laugh about it... but seldom complain. I don't care how many appliances quit or tires that go flat, we are still so blessed. The families of those slaughtered in D.C. this week... Our military being shot at and stepping on IED's... Those working trauma units trying to save lives of people doing stupid things.... I could sit here most of the afternoon naming folks I wouldn't ever want to trade places with. It's just funny how those "speedbumps" can line up and hit all at once. Today, I woke up. The speedbumps are behind us as I type this. Will there be more down the road? Of course.

I mean, you could be a Philadelphia Eagles fan today. Go Chiefs!!!!!:D
All very good points. I am fond of saying no matter how bad you think you have it, there is always somebody that has it worse.

How about them chiefs?

🔥 Latest posts