• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good place to find individual irons?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I'm contemplating dropping the 4 hybrid.

I have a sweeper swing, and just can't hit it like an iron to get the most out of it.

Now, I have my Precept Forged irons through 3 iron, but there's no way I'd be able to hit it consistent at all.

So, I'm thinking I'd look and pick up an easier to hit 2 or 3 iron. something in the mid-game improvement range, with a moderate sole, and relatively low offset if possible.

anyone know of good places to find individual irons?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Global Golf has a few individual 2 and 3 irons for sale. I'd suggest ebay also.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Isn't there a company called lostgolfclubs.com or something like that. You use them if you lose an individual iron out of your bag and need to replace it. Something along those lines anyway...

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You can't hit a hybrid like an iron enough to get the most out of it...

so you want to get an iron? Isn't the problem that you can't swing it like it's an iron??

What you really need, apparently, is a 7 and 9 wood.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
....my particular hybrid doesn't have a very big hitting area on the leading edge, so I'm getting all kinds of weird misses due to my not being able to hit down.

an iron with a squarer leading edge should be much easier to hit consistently....no?

maybe you're right.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Unless you're hitting your shots very very thin, the leading edge shouldn't really be a huge factor on ball-flight. If you think your sweeper swing is not getting the most out of a hybrid because you're not hitting down on the ball, I think you'll end up doing even worse with a long iron.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I agree with SuX. Have you tried a high-lofted fairway wood or even a fairway wood styled hybrid?
It's ugly as sin, but my SMT Avocet is pretty much a small fairway wood - very easy to sweep the ball off the ground with.
If you want to try an irons though, I have MacGregor m565 3 and 4 heads that I'll send you for just the cost of shipping - just let me know.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
...more thin hybrid shots today....

I think you guys have a valid point as to the non-improvement that a long iron would be.

hunting a couple 7 woods on ebay.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
From Muzuno's website on recommendation to finding replacement irons. May help.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-width: 3px 0pt 0pt;" align="left" width="5">
ecblank.gif
</td> <td style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-width: 3px 0pt 0pt;" align="left" width="100%">
Do you have replacement clubs for your older models?
Once a model is retired we keep a limited inventory of replacements for approximately 1 year. Here is a list of companies that also may be able to assist you.

Iron Finder / www.ironfinder.com / 877-346-3372
The Golf Warehouse / www.tgw.com / 888-838-5551
Edwin Watts / www.edwinwatts.com / 800-874-0146
2nd Swing / www.2ndswing.com
Club Finders / www.clubfinders.com / 888-234-6325
Club Scouter / www.clubscouter.com / 800-749-6207
Old Sport Golf / 770-493-4344
</td></tr></tbody></table>

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
ah cool.

...just snagged an Adams Ovation 7w in Great condition for $34 shipped on ebay though. My hopes rest on it. Going to slap another Tour Trac 100 in it, and it should do pretty well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.