• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good score from Callaway Pre-Owned

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I just picked up a "like new" condition FT-i Tour LCG I-Mix head, 9.5* Neutral, with a 65g Fubuki shaft. Headcover and wrench included.

$50 bucks.

Not a bad deal to give this head a try I think. Worse case, it gets put in the closet or the loaner bag!

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Coupon is still up but it won't let me add it. Glad someone here got in on that deal.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
It sold out in less than 15 minutes.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah, I'm drooling over the idea of grabbing some X-Forged irons for around $200. Thats a damn good deal as well..

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Careful, or you'll end up with a full bag of Callaway gear! I'm not set yet, but its looking like Cally will have at least 12 spots in my bag.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
15 minutes, more like 2-3 minutes. I tried at 8:01 & it said the head I wanted was now out of stock. Picked another head & went to check out, coupon was no good.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
15 minutes, more like 2-3 minutes. I tried at 8:01 & it said the head I wanted was now out of stock. Picked another head & went to check out, coupon was no good.

Odd.. I bought the first one with the head I wanted and the shaft I wanted, and then decided to see how long it would take the sell out.

It was 8:15 and I added a head, but the shafts were going quick and I couldn't find one that would add before it said sold out.

I lucked out that I saved my information with them and address, so it was a few clicks and everything was ordered within seconds really.

I'm pretty stoked after reading that it'll come with the headcover.. but also come with the wrench!

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
They over sold the driver and had a glitch in their system. I wondered why I didn't have anything other than a confirmation number.

All is good.. Those folks over at Callaway have some seriously awesome customer service. Called me back, and got everything taken care of.

I've got a FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5* I-Mix w/ Tour Fubuki shaft en route. :)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
They over sold the driver and had a glitch in their system. I wondered why I didn't have anything other than a confirmation number.

All is good.. Those folks over at Callaway have some seriously awesome customer service. Called me back, and got everything taken care of.

I've got a FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5* I-Mix w/ Tour Fubuki shaft en route. :)

Have I told you lately "you suck"?:faintthud

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I think I lucked out, and it didn't hurt that I asked nicely. Those folks at Cally sure are great to deal with.. Might end up grabbing a X-Forged set, or some Prototypes this winter to fool with just because of it.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
THREAD HIJACK

I still don't know what the difference in performance is between the FT-5 and FT-I, and even less with the LCG (please Lefty, no bad jokes about being one "quared" and one "round" :D). Can someone explain it to me in a primary school way I can understand? :D

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
As far as I could tell, the FT-5 was a hot hot driver face. Damn loud too. Was a bit less spin too.

The FT-I I had was high/mid launch, mid spin I'd say.. Was a much more muted sound.

Alot of "players" prefer the FT-5 it seems, and like the FT-9. But then most love the FT-I because they think it's more forgiving, yet is straight as a hell even with a half decent swing most of the time.

I have a FT-5 I-Mix and it's a great club, I just have a shit V2 shaft in it.

I had a FT-I Tour LCG with the Matrix in it, and it was a nice ass driver, dunno why I sold it to goatster.

Never hit a FT-3 that I can remember, and I never used a FT-9, but mine it sitting at the front door right now waiting on me to come home.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Just wanted to perhaps gloat a bit.

I got a brand spankin' new driver. Somehow.. 'almost new' to Callaway means... "Still with the shrink wrap and stickers, NEW" to everyone else.

New shaft, the tip had no wear on it and wasn't worn out like some other tips on iMix shafts I've had.

New headcover, and a new wrench included with it all as well. Can't say I'm not impressed with the service they gave me, and I'll be damned if this FT-9 Tour head is sexy from address. No alignment, compact looking, and slick black. I like.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.